Where's the Pride of Hawaii???

kat28

Anyone know where the POH is today? We sail on the inaugural cruise on Monday and were wondering if she has arrived in Los Angeles yet. If you see her, will you post pics? We can't stand the wait!!!:p

Anyone know where the POH is today? We sail on the inaugural cruise on Monday and were wondering if she has arrived in Los Angeles yet. If you see her, will you post pics? We can't stand the wait!!!:p

It's in the Pacific Ocean somewhere. The POH sailed through the Panama Canal on May 12.

Hope this works. This is the link Garycarla posted when I asked a question in the "once aboard, can you get off" thread earlier today:

http://www.sfport.com/site/port_page.asp?id=38055

On the very good chance that I didn't enter that correctly and it doesn't work, it says "our" ship:

Arrived at Pier 27 in SF at 1 a.m. today (5/17) "from New Orleans."

Left at 4 p.m. today for a cruise to "nowhere," as Betsey mentioned.

Will return to Pier 27 on Friday, 5/19, at 3 a.m. and leave again at 12:30 p.m. that day (I think the chart had the day or date wrong), on its way to Los Angeles (where folks have said it will be christened on 5/20).

Will be back at Pier 27 on Tuesday, 5/23, at 4:45 p.m. from L.A. (with us passengers!!) and leave at 9 p.m. that evening for Kauai.

What a system!

Janice

Thanks for the info, Janice. I have never seen such a 'hush-hush' mentality as I've seen with this ship. Look at all the publicity that big new ship is getting and how little POH is getting! I wonder why? Very strange! Oh well, only 3 more days until we leave for LA!:p

I don't know where she is right now but she arrives late friday night/saturday morning for the stop in San Pedro... The Christening is Saturday in San Pedro... Yeah.... Can't wait to see that....... woo hoo......I will post photos after Saturday...... :D

Hope this works. This is the link Garycarla posted when I asked a question in the "once aboard, can you get off" thread earlier today:

http://www.sfport.com/site/port_page.asp?id=38055

On the very good chance that I didn't enter that correctly and it doesn't work, it says "our" ship:

Arrived at Pier 27 in SF at 1 a.m. today (5/17) "from New Orleans."

Left at 4 p.m. today for a cruise to "nowhere," as Betsey mentioned.

Will return to Pier 27 on Friday, 5/19, at 3 a.m. and leave again at 12:30 p.m. that day (I think the chart had the day or date wrong), on its way to Los Angeles (where folks have said it will be christened on 5/20).

Will be back at Pier 27 on Tuesday, 5/23, at 4:45 p.m. from L.A. (with us passengers!!) and leave at 9 p.m. that evening for Kauai.

What a system!

Janice

Does anyone know: I am scheduled on POH on 6-5. The brochure price has dropped nearly $300 per person as the ship is not full. My agent says NCL's policy is not to refund. They upgrated me a little, but I don't care what kind of room I am in. Do I have a right to cancel/rebook now at the lower rate without any penalty? Thank you, Rod

Does anyone know: I am scheduled on POH on 6-5. The brochure price has dropped nearly $300 per person as the ship is not full. My agent says NCL's policy is not to refund. They upgrated me a little, but I don't care what kind of room I am in. Do I have a right to cancel/rebook now at the lower rate without any penalty? Thank you, Rod

No, you'll have severe penalties! Your cruise is less than 30 days away, and final payment date is at least 75 days away.

Up until final payment date, there's little to no penalties from NCL, but after that date, penalties mount.

There are quite a few threads going that talk about getting a price reduction. You might want to read those for more insight into what they will or will not do.

But, in short. No.

We're boarding in LA on Monday. I plan on posting on this site every day from the web cafe onboard the ship. I'll begin sometime Monday night and try to post a mini-review each day.

We have a Inaugural Lunch and inspection on the POH tomorrow in San Pedro. I will post pictures if they don't appear on here before I have a chance to do it. Can't wait to see it.

Have a blast on your cruise!!

Calicruising and Cruzegirl -

We're going for the lunch and christening, too. :D

I can't watch for you..don't know what you look like..my photo is in the avatar, I'm the one in the middle, I'll be wearing lime green and my DH has a walker.

Lay a Cruise Critic howdy on us!

Hey Laurel,

I'll be there..... probably in a hawaiian print top and shorts....My photo is in my avatar too.... brown hair, curly....I'm going down to be there by 3pm and hang out.... Take photos and such.... I hope to see the Christening but I am anticipating it will be on the ocean side.... hmmm.... We'll see.... I'll watch for you..... So if some strange girl comes up to you..... Don't be afraid....lol....:p

That is great! I am going at 11 since they are serving lunch and having an expo for us and ship inspection too. I have dark hair.. will be wearing black & red twin set. I am bringing a friend.. she is short with long light brown hair. Does that help? LOL I will look out for you guys.. would be great to meet. I wonder how many are going to be there. I am excited about seeing it since it has been compared to the Jewel and I am going on that on the 28th (saw it in January)

See you tomorrow:)

Lori

Hey Lori,

I assume the lunch is for travel people?? Too bad it's not for all......lol.... I will be there.... And I drive a very large brown Ford truck.... Can't miss it.... I will watch for the lime green outfit and the red/black twinset.... let's hope the rain stays away.......:rolleyes:

I visited POH when in SFO wed afternoon. Nice ship. Exactly the same footprint as the Jewell. It was all travel agents on board checking it out, and I have a few comments. First, the garden villa and courtyard withthe courtyard suites - plastic artificial flowers abound! If I paid $25,000 for a week for the garden villa, I want real flowers. The performed part of one of their shows for us in the theater - it was just mediocre. I sailed on RCI's Navigator recently and the navigator theatre was much nicer.

And those of you going for lunch in the main dining room, if they have spring rolls for an apatizer, you will do well to void it. The soups were just OK. The man course was either lobster or beef, and they were both good, as was the desert, creme brulee.

One of my co-workers sailed on the cruise to nowhere Wed and Thurs, arriving back to SFO today and she said the other specialty restaurants were better.

Happy Sailing -

Thanks so much for popping in with your helpful comments.

We'll be able to enjoy our day so much more now with your forewarnings.

I was thinking of booking the Garden Villa, but it's out of the question, because plastic flowers would RUIN MY CRUISE!!! :p

You'd be horrified to see what real plants at sea looked like in your $25K a week suite. There's a reason they are artificial.

We leave for the POH inaugural cruise at 2 a.m. Sunday morning for an overnight in LA and board the ship on Monday morning. I am loving all of your postings. Keep 'em coming! See if you can check out the teen room and a penthouse suite.

Kathie and DD Danielle

Archived