Keepcruising and AussieDisneyFan are gone

Hey everyone. After our delightful insurance company informed us at lunch today that they wouldn't pay our claim, we have been left with no choice but to go on what is left of our trip or lose thousands. The travel agent has managed to reinstate our flights and the second leg of our cruise. All our accommodation has been cancelled so we have one night booked at Seattle airport and then it will be an adventure. We are getting some money back from our cancelled accommodation.

We are on the Summit sailing 27/5 for 7 nights. So everyone who is cruising have a wonderful time and everyone else hope the weather is good.

Love Jane and Sandra

Hi...we are in same boat as you...we are now in Spokane leaving for Seattle to figure out how to get to Anchorage...give us a call..Jim and Phyllis...

cell9412868044 give us a call if you can...

Hi Jane & Sandra

Wow, what an ongoing saga. You must be well & truly fed up of all this. I know I would be. When do you actually leave? Did the insurance company say why they wouldn't pay your claim? What will you do with your free cruise? The same thing later on or try something different (assuming you can do any cruise on any Celebrity ship).Anyway, I hope you have a great time & please take lots of photos to share with us when you get back.

Karen

Hope that is the end of all your sagas and you manage to have a wonderful trip. You so deserve it.

ADF I will send you a quick email so hopefully you wont have left just yet.

Happy cruising ladies

karon

Hey everyone. We have just checked into the Ramada at Seattle Airport. Flights were as good as they could be. All meal requests were on file and John got a bulkhead seat.

We only have this night booked and then are winging it till the cruise on 27th. Be warned of insurance. If you read your policy carefully it will probably say will cover for cancellations due to weather etc but not by cancellation or delay of carrier. I have checked the Covermore and CGU policies. Both say the same.

Better go and find something to get to Anchorage and somewhere to stay.

• 2 weeks later...

Have just been checking out the P&O webcams and the Dawn, Diamond, Sapphire, Island, Sun, Coral & Regal princesses are all sailing around Alaska so looks as though Jane & Sandra will see a few ships along the way. Something we don't get to see on the Pacific cruises.

Karen

Archived