Ship board account ????

deeolasingh

can I deposit cash into my ship board account upon boarding? If so what is the min. that can be deposited and if at the end of the cruise I still have $$$ in my account how is it refunded???:confused:

Yes, you can use a cash deposit to activate your S&S account. The minimum amount varies according to the length of your cruise. I believe the minimum for a 7-day cruise is $200. If you have money left on your account at the end of the cruise, you will receive a check for that amount.

Yes, you can use a cash deposit to activate your S&S account. The minimum amount varies according to the length of your cruise. I believe the minimum for a 7-day cruise is $200. If you have money left on your account at the end of the cruise, you will receive a check for that amount.

Yup yup this is correct.

Also on the S&S Account card in your documents I have always written in CASH where they ask for a Credit Card number, everyone still needs to sign it if they are going to be charging to the same account, then once on board I take my Traveler's Checks to the Purser to be applied. Anything left over will be retunred to you in the form of a check which you can cash at the Pursers Desk prior to leaving the ship. They don't advertize this but my PVP at Carnival told me about it.........never been refused, and this way I have cash on hand for say, Parking Garage, Porter Tips, etc. and I won't be asking my bank to deal with an out-of-state check.

can I deposit cash into my ship board account upon boarding? If so what is the min. that can be deposited and if at the end of the cruise I still have $$$ in my account how is it refunded???:confused:

Just returned from the Miracle, we put down cash for our sail and sign and on Sat night right before we turned in for the night, you can just go to the purser and cash out and they will give you any $$ that is left instead of a check. That worked out better for us. Didn't want to chance a big line in the morning.

Unless they changed it we had to put down $250 cash per person on our 7 day cruise in 2004. I can't tell you about getting back a balance as we had 30 cents left and I really didn't feel like standing in line to get it:D

I did however watch the S&S accounts via the television in our room and when it got low I went down and put more on very easily.

My husband and I took a 3 day cruise and I think the minimum was $100-$150 for the whole cruise per person. We deposited $300 CASH in an account for us both and on the last day there was a check under our door for almost $60 that we went and cashed at the information desk. So if you don't use all you deposit you will get a check and you can cash it before you disembark or you can take it home and deposit in your own bank. :D

I was on the Fantasy in December and they told me the min deposit was $50 which is what I initially deposited. Of course I ended up adding more as the cruise went along. I was really surprised b/c everyone on the boards told me it would be at least $200 for a 4 day cruise.

Archived