Cruise Director from the past...

The MJ in the 90's? That was without question the GREATEST times to be a CD on a ship. No rules...just fun! Unfortunately I had so much fun (as you know) it's difficult to remember all of it. I hope you're still cruising. I do some fill-in work from time to time so perhaps we'll meet again. I don't think i can post a web address even though i'm not a travel agent...but I could e-mail it to you if you like. Nice talking with you.

Now I know you are not only JAYPA but the famous Jeff...course we sailed together and I sort of remember that you did have fun :) .....the old "MAJ" was the place to be then.......please drop me your website so I can check in

gumsy@hotmail.com

Cheers mate,

The 4 cruises we have scheduled thru the rest of the year will give us 24 credits with RCI and make us Diamond Plus for a British Isles/Norwegian Fjords cruise we have booked for next June on the Jewel of the Seas.

We really appreciate the perks for loyal cruisers RCI has.

Jeff,

Funny we should find you on this board. The family was just watching you on our cruise in review video.

DW and I went on a cruise for our honeymoon in 1982 and then didn't step foot on a ship for 20 years. For our 20th anniversary we sailed on the Explorer in August of 2002 with you as our CD. You added so much to our experience that we are now getting ready for our fourth cruise since then.:D

We even have our kids hooked.

The RCCL ships are great. We have enjoyed our vacations on them with other CDs, although none of them have measured up to the standard you set on our first cruise back to sea.

Glad to see that you are happy in your semi-retirement. :)

Hope we find ourselves on a ship with you again.

Jeff, I may not always remember your name, but I will never forget your antics on Monarch in November of 96. Whenever you post to this site, I remember immediately who you are, and how every CD since then has never matched up. I was just going thru cruise pictures the other night, as we were planning our next cruise on Mariner, and found a picture of you at the farewell - red wig, blue & white stripped leotard, pink tutu, and big red lips! My husband and his friend, Mike, entered every contest that year - belly flop, sexy legs, etc., and that was because you made everything such a blast. Like I said, no CD before you, or since then, has matched up!

So, you say you "sub" every once in awhile? How about checking in next March 11th on Mariner - we'd love to have you as our CD once again!

Congrats on your marriage.

Dru

Dave,

You rock my man! LONG time no see. I believe the majority of our conversation was made in the Champagne Bar if I remember correctly. You were TOO much fun. Horeracing was ALWAYS fun when you guys were onboard. I'm married now...living in OH. Did Cumberland last year on a houseboat. We have to hook up. I'm new to actully USING this site but I think you can get my e-mail from this. Apparently you can't actually post it. Would love to talk to you guys. I see you're headed to the MA this month? Maybe you're there now? If I know the CD, I can send a note and have him/her watch out for you! Drop a note my man.

Yes, you did remember, loved (and still do) those Owner's Horse Races. Still have my RCI cruises videos with you calling the race and us listening intenly for the #6 on the dice to come up. Still buy a horse about every 3rd cruise.

Congrats on your marriage. We we're talking on one of my cruises and you told me you had never been in love. Glad to see you found that love. Boy, you sure did move, Florida to Ohio. Yes, it's hard to live in Big 10 Country when you're an SEC fan.

Came off the Mariner last week with Becky Thompson as CD. Thanks for the offer to contact her, maybe next time.

Hope you have a great time on the Freedom. Post your comments and thoughts. Single here now, Deb and I divorced but still good friends. She went back home to Ohio. Hmm, your territory (smile).

I spend alot of time in the Smokies after April 15th when I'm not doing income taxes.

What do they have you doing up in Ohio? I had heard when you retired several years back you went to Naples to work.

Take care

Dave

Hi Dru,

Thanks for the note. You're too kind. Please keep the Ballerina photo

underwraps...I may want to run for Congress someday!

The Monarch in 96' was truly some of the best memories of my 24 year career.

Out of San Juan with Robert Taggart as Hotel Director. We made all the rules

as we went along...too much fun! Great ship...great run. I'd that again in a

heartbeat.

I would love to fill-in on the Mariner for your cruise next year. I wish I

could pick and choose but I can't. I'll certainly drop you a note however if

it should happen.

I just put up a website if you want to

take a look. We shot a commercial on the Navigator just before I got off in

2003. I put it on the website...you can see how fat I got! Hope you like it.

If there's anything I can ever do for you, please ask.

Have a great cruise next year.

Best regards and Bon Voyage,

Jeff,

Funny we should find you on this board. The family was just watching you on our cruise in review video.

DW and I went on a cruise for our honeymoon in 1982 and then didn't step foot on a ship for 20 years. For our 20th anniversary we sailed on the Explorer in August of 2002 with you as our CD. You added so much to our experience that we are now getting ready for our fourth cruise since then.:D

We even have our kids hooked.

The RCCL ships are great. We have enjoyed our vacations on them with other CDs, although none of them have measured up to the standard you set on our first cruise back to sea.

Glad to see that you are happy in your semi-retirement. :)

Hope we find ourselves on a ship with you again.

Hi GaryCruz,

I'm glad your experience on the Explorer in 2002 made you come back for more! RCCL really knows how to throw a party. I guess you'll have to try the Freedom Class next like the rest of us. I made a commercial on the Navigator before I got off in 2003. Put it on my new website. Lots of really good shots of the Voyager Class. We love those ships! What are doing for your 25th? Cruising I hope! My best to your bride...hope our paths cross once again.

Yes, you did remember, loved (and still do) those Owner's Horse Races. Still have my RCI cruises videos with you calling the race and us listening intenly for the #6 on the dice to come up. Still buy a horse about every 3rd cruise.

Congrats on your marriage. We we're talking on one of my cruises and you told me you had never been in love. Glad to see you found that love. Boy, you sure did move, Florida to Ohio. Yes, it's hard to live in Big 10 Country when you're an SEC fan.

Came off the Mariner last week with Becky Thompson as CD. Thanks for the offer to contact her, maybe next time.

Hope you have a great time on the Freedom. Post your comments and thoughts. Single here now, Deb and I divorced but still good friends. She went back home to Ohio. Hmm, your territory (smile).

I spend alot of time in the Smokies after April 15th when I'm not doing income taxes.

What do they have you doing up in Ohio? I had heard when you retired several years back you went to Naples to work.

Take care

Dave

Dave,

Very sorry to hear about Deb and you. You were MY inspiration..and now look! I'm doing some cruise consulting and fill-in work from here in Ohio...quite challenging. Drop me an e-mail and we can catch up. I'm near Columbus, where's Deb?

JPA

Your name is definitely familiar, but that was our first cruise (for our honeymoon) and there were so many wonderful folks on the ship that I just don't remember them all -- I was in overload!

Would love to see your website if you don't mind emailing it.

Hope to catch you again on another sailing!

Jeffrey,

You were the CD on our second cruise (Monarch, September 1998) and you definitely added to what was a great cruising experience for my wife and I. After several years of doing land-based vacations, we are cruising again in four weeks (Adventure) with our 5 1/2 year old son.

I've read a ton of cruise critic folks' postings about the greatness of Graham Seymour. Hopefully, he will be as dynamic as everyone says he is, as we certainly were spoiled in 1998.

Thanks for helping to make our last cruise such a success!

Jeffrey,

I have to add my admiration for you to the long list developing here. You were the CD on our honeymoon cruise. It was the 39th cruise of the Navigator of the Seas in late August of 2003. We were outrunning two hurricanes on that cruise and you put us at ease saying that the ship could go faster than the hurricane. You were a great CD and a truely a great person. We will always remember you. Wish you great success in your endevors.

Jim

Would you have been on the Navigator in August 2003??? I think the name sounds familliar, and if it was you, you did a wonderful job!!!!!!! I was kind of wondering what happened to you, as I haven't seen your name pop up on the cruise director board in a long long time... Glad to hear all is well, and that you will be doing some fill in work!

Would you have been on the Navigator in August 2003??? I think the name sounds familliar, and if it was you, you did a wonderful job!!!!!!! I was kind of wondering what happened to you, as I haven't seen your name pop up on the cruise director board in a long long time... Glad to hear all is well, and that you will be doing some fill in work!

Hello Jeff, I was wondering if you remember me and my group that sailed on the Explorer Oct. 15, 2001, we were a large group from Pittsburgh and had a crazy bunch with us, we made a spectacle at the horse races. We are still cruisiing and have a group of 50 going in Sept on the new Freedom. You were definately the best CD we had. Hope to see you on another RCCL ship. Glad to hear from you. Take care and God Bless

Sincerely

Bob & Jane

Pittsburgh, Pa.

Jeffrey,

You were the CD on our second cruise (Monarch, September 1998) and you definitely added to what was a great cruising experience for my wife and I. After several years of doing land-based vacations, we are cruising again in four weeks (Adventure) with our 5 1/2 year old son.

I've read a ton of cruise critic folks' postings about the greatness of Graham Seymour. Hopefully, he will be as dynamic as everyone says he is, as we certainly were spoiled in 1998.

Thanks for helping to make our last cruise such a success!

Guiness67? I love the handle...makes me want to go out and have a "black & tan"! So glad I could be a part of your positive RCCL experience on your second cruise. Especially so now that your coming back on the Adventure. You will LOVE the Voyager Class. Your 5 1/2 year old will be over the moon. You won't be able to drag him out of the Adventure Ocean program. Great for him...great for Mom & Dad. Truly special. Now the perfect prelude to the Freedom series. Not sure if you'll have Graham as CD, but if you do, you'll love him. If you thought I was crazy fun...look out!

I do some fill-in work and hope we see each other again. If I can help you out, just drop an e-mail.

Good cruising.

Jeffrey,

I have to add my admiration for you to the long list developing here. You were the CD on our honeymoon cruise. It was the 39th cruise of the Navigator of the Seas in late August of 2003. We were outrunning two hurricanes on that cruise and you put us at ease saying that the ship could go faster than the hurricane. You were a great CD and a truely a great person. We will always remember you. Wish you great success in your endevors.

Jim

Hi Jim. Thanks for the note...and the flattery. I DO remember that cruise as I had just returned from vacation and was doing a short contract until my last cruise on October 27th. I'm glad the "hurricane" run didn't hurt your honeymoon experience. I hope you get a chance to do the Freedom class in th near future. If I can ever be of help, just drop an e-mail. Hope to see you on another RCCL cruise.

Big Daddy.... OMG! I can't believe I've just now found this thread! How great is this??? :D

As far as we're concerned, you're the ONE and ONLY CD! We still watch our copy of the L&M Game Show from time to time and laugh just as hard as we did the first time. (How's the James Bond watch, btw?)

I'm thrilled that you're still happily married but also filling in as CD from time to time on RCCL... and going on Freedom next (this?) week! A reunion with Raimund, eh? Will there be a round or two played as well?

Ironically, I sent Raimund an email last night (assuming I had his FR address correct, anyway :confused: ) to remind him that he needs to take a break every once in a while and play golf... and also to inquire whether he needed any new sticks, lol. And I think you're the best man for that job, so make him "get out there" while you're onboard, OK?

Also, please email me your web site address... cruzerpattyathotmail.com. (Left out the @ sign for spammers, lol.)

And finally, it's been a while and I can't remember what's in your signature "Big Daddy" drink and would love to get the recipe. Raimund ordered them for us a couple of years ago (just after you retired, in fact) and it was, well, yummy! And I believe we toasted you at the time as well. :D

Cheers!

Patty

P.S. You MUST do 10/15/06 Freedom!!! Raimund won't be there and I'll need someone to bail me out of the brig!!! :eek: :D

Hey Firefighterhoop,

Thanks for the note. Yes, I was on in August 2003...my last contract as a matter of fact. I'm glad you had such a good time. I'm doing some fill-in stuff and consulting on the side. If I can ever be of help, drop an e-mail to say hi.

Smooth sailing.

Hello Jeff, I was wondering if you remember me and my group that sailed on the Explorer Oct. 15, 2001, we were a large group from Pittsburgh and had a crazy bunch with us, we made a spectacle at the horse races. We are still cruisiing and have a group of 50 going in Sept on the new Freedom. You were definately the best CD we had. Hope to see you on another RCCL ship. Glad to hear from you. Take care and God Bless

Sincerely

Bob & Jane

Pittsburgh, Pa.

Hi Bob & Jane,

As you know...I took Horseracing pretty seriously (sad but true) and got into it a little more than most. So, if you had a group of crazies on for that, I bet I would remember you if you gave me your horse's name! If you won...stay with the name on the Freedom! You're going to have a ball on that cruise. My wife is there now and just called to say it is truly spectacular. I'm envious. I'll be with you in spirit next September. Hopefully our paths will cross again in the future. If I can ever be of help, drop a note.

Bon voyage

Big Daddy.... OMG! I can't believe I've just now found this thread! How great is this??? :D

As far as we're concerned, you're the ONE and ONLY CD! We still watch our copy of the L&M Game Show from time to time and laugh just as hard as we did the first time. (How's the James Bond watch, btw?)

I'm thrilled that you're still happily married but also filling in as CD from time to time on RCCL... and going on Freedom next (this?) week! A reunion with Raimund, eh? Will there be a round or two played as well?

Ironically, I sent Raimund an email last night (assuming I had his FR address correct, anyway :confused: ) to remind him that he needs to take a break every once in a while and play golf... and also to inquire whether he needed any new sticks, lol. And I think you're the best man for that job, so make him "get out there" while you're onboard, OK?

Also, please email me your web site address... cruzerpattyathotmail.com. (Left out the @ sign for spammers, lol.)

And finally, it's been a while and I can't remember what's in your signature "Big Daddy" drink and would love to get the recipe. Raimund ordered them for us a couple of years ago (just after you retired, in fact) and it was, well, yummy! And I believe we toasted you at the time as well. :D

Cheers!

Patty

P.S. You MUST do 10/15/06 Freedom!!! Raimund won't be there and I'll need someone to bail me out of the brig!!! :eek: :D

Hi Patty & Martyn,

What a truly wonderful blast from the past! I'm glad we can get reconnected now. I'll e-mail you shortly.

We sailed with you too, Jeffrey, on Explorer in 2002- I seem to remember it was one of the last cruises (if not the last) before you moved to the Navigator.

It was our first cruise with children, and it's the one that hooked us onto RCI. Thanks for a memorable vacation, and good luck to you now!

We sailed with you too, Jeffrey, on Explorer in 2002- I seem to remember it was one of the last cruises (if not the last) before you moved to the Navigator.

It was our first cruise with children, and it's the one that hooked us onto RCI. Thanks for a memorable vacation, and good luck to you now!

Hi Donna. I'm very happy I could be a part or your RCI "hook". Good to see you're spending more time with us now. If there's anything I can do for you, drop a note. Always nice to help past cruisers.

Jeff,

Just wanted to chime in and say hello. Family of three from NH that cruised with you back in '03 on the Navigator. Have been on RCCL six times since and not one CD has measured up to Big Daddy. We shared some stories about our favorite Cape Cod haunts and you went out of your way the entire week to make small talk w/ my then 10 yr. old son who remains a diehard Red Sox fan.

After all the cruising you've done you certainly wouldn't remember us but you may remember the cruise. There was an incident during the bellyflop contest that was of particular interest. A certain New Yorker thought it might be cool to take the CD to task by making his flop "very painful", he then proceeded to headbutt the bottom of the pool making for a very bloody face and pool - thus ending the contest. What a *****!!

Great to find you on these boards and hope our paths cross again, preferably on the high seas.

Horseracing has never been the same!! Take care.

Jaybird

Archived