Advice from UK cruisers

Has anyone from the UK booked a future cruise whilst onboard to receive the onboard credit and then transferred the booking to a UK travel agent?

Where there any problems? Did you pay a deposit onboard? Were you able to compare prices by contacting different Travel Agents before deciding which TA to use?

We are sailing on the Constellation this weekend to the Baltic and are hoping that the NOS transatlantics for 2007 wiil go on sale whilst we are onboard.

Has anyone from the UK booked a future cruise whilst onboard to receive the onboard credit and then transferred the booking to a UK travel agent?

Where there any problems? Did you pay a deposit onboard? Were you able to compare prices by contacting different Travel Agents before deciding which TA to use?

We are sailing on the Constellation this weekend to the Baltic and are hoping that the NOS transatlantics for 2007 wiil go on sale whilst we are onboard.

Hi chrob..We booked onboard the Legend of the Seas last August....for another Med Cruise this August. We later transferred to our TA. and it went without a hitch. We were required to pay £100 each deposit.

I have to admit...I was very worried. We were on our first cruise..and the onboard price quoted for our second.. was very expensive. Way over our budget. I had heard transfers to your TA were possible...keeping the credit.. while having the opportunity to lower the price. But I was still very doubtful....and concerned we'd be unable to cancel.

However....I was totally wrong..there was NO Problem What so ever... The C & A Ambassador even asked if we'd like to transfer to our TA..I didn't have to ask her. When we arrived home..I immediately called our TA..(the C& A ambassador had also sent a fax from onboard..but that seemed to have gone adrift.) In any case..Our TA was able to reduce the fare significantly..and assured us we still had our credit. I have checked and re checked..as we have just paid our final balance for this August cruise...and our $200 onboard credit is definitely in place...verified both by our TA..and RCI.

There was a second part to the offer if you booked onboard..all gratuities were also included in the price quoted...as well as the onboard credit. there has been no mention on that. But with our price greatly reduced... it more than makes up for that offer...and we are not greedy. we managed a very good price..and have an onboard credit as well. Another bonus...Our TA has offered free parking at the port..So I am really..really.. pleased. Hope this helps...Carol

Thanks very much for your reply.

Do you have to give the name of your TA to the Cruise Consultant onboard or can you decide when you get home? We really don't have a particular travel agent that we use all the time but usually just go to the one who gives us the best price when we book.

chrob

For folks in the UK.....You dont have to give name of your TA when you put cabin on "hold" onboard.

You do not have to pay deposit on cabin on "hold" either until you come home.

I put cabin on hold and requested it be held with RCCI until I got home...think I got 3 weeks or so to pay deposit at home ....in that time I found an agent in USA who I wanted to try out this time..and requested they transfer the booking to them.

No problem....kept my onboard credit....and got myself a good agent.

I paid the USA deposit rate when I transferred the booking....$250 per person....and if I cancel....before final payment ....I get my deposit back...unlike in the UK....where it is RCCI UK's rules that you lose deposit.:(

Happy cruising :D

Liz

WYWH Cruiser

Archived