I did it!! We are booked for Rhapsody 8/20

After hours and hours of research and comparison shopping I finally booked our vacation!!

DH and I will be on the 8/20 sailing of Rhapsody out of Galveston! I'm so excited. This is the first cruise for both of us, and we will be celebrating our 3rd anniversary! So - only 95 days and counting! Hmmm - that means I only have 95 days to get all the shopping done!!

How exciting!!!! You both will love it!!! I have been looking at Galveston cruises as well..Are you from Texas?? I am in North Texas, but haven't sailed out of Galveston..:p So I need to find a cruise, soon!!

We are in the Austin area, so Galveston was pretty pretty convient for us, esp for the first one. We are going to drive in, making a few stops in SE Texas and Houston to drop off the dog and visit family.

Is it too far to drive in from North TX - seems like it would take an awful long time.

Rhapsody was our first RCI cruise and loved it! You will have an awesome time. We were hooked after ours. We had previously went on carnival and left saying that I would never do it agian. But after many friends said to try rci, we did and I came back so pleased! We were so happy with Rhapsody that we are going again on her in January. We decided on the ROS because we were living in Texas(Wichita Falls) at the time and was convenient for us as well. But now we are in AZ and can't wait to sail her again.

Are you going to Key West or Jamaica?

We live in north Texas. It takes us about 7 hrs to get to Galveston. Well, depending on traffic in Houston. We leave pretty early Saturday morning and are there early afternoon and have time to spend in Galveston before we board. Its an easy drive. How far is it from Austin? We are cruising on the Rhapsody 10/1/06. Have a great trip.

Tammy

Are you going to Key West or Jamaica?

Jamaica! Actutally that was one of the deciding factors. We have really wanted to go to Jamaica, so when we were deciding on our vacation (we travel every yr for our anniversary) we thought about doing an all inclusive in Negril or Ocho Rios. But - we didn't really want to do another all inclusive since we have done a few already. Plus - the 7 night cruise was a LOT less expensive than the 4 or 5 nights at the resort we were looking at.

After hours and hours of research and comparison shopping I finally booked our vacation!!

DH and I will be on the 8/20 sailing of Rhapsody out of Galveston! I'm so excited. This is the first cruise for both of us, and we will be celebrating our 3rd anniversary! So - only 95 days and counting! Hmmm - that means I only have 95 days to get all the shopping done!!

AH, so are we. My Dh, DS and GF, DD and BF. Make all of you wander over to the Meet and Mingle page and sign up. We also from just North of Big-D and plan to drive down the night before. This cruise is for my DD 21st birthday. Don't forget to keep up with the post on the M&M site.

d

We just returned from the Rhapsody, May 7-14. This was our first cruise. We had a blast and will definitely return to RCCL in the near future. Rhapsody definitely lived up to it name as the 'Friendliest Ship on the Seas' as everyone was extremely nice and went out of ther way to make sure you were having a good time.

You will have a great week!

Jamaica! Actutally that was one of the deciding factors. We have really wanted to go to Jamaica, so when we were deciding on our vacation (we travel every yr for our anniversary) we thought about doing an all inclusive in Negril or Ocho Rios. But - we didn't really want to do another all inclusive since we have done a few already. Plus - the 7 night cruise was a LOT less expensive than the 4 or 5 nights at the resort we were looking at.

Jamaica was the deciding factor for us as well. We are from the Austin area and will be going Dec 10th! Can't wait!! Galveston is not a bad drive at all, makes it more affordable also since you don't have to worry about flights or anything.

We are doing Key West again. I didn't think I would like Key West that much but I am looking forward to going there more then the other two ports. We did a Ghost and Legends tour in Key West and that has sparked our interest to return again. DH and I are into that sort of thing since my nephew was able to start talking(another story in itself) and after listening to the stories there makes be believe even more!

To the poster that asked about the drive. We made the drive from North Texas in about 5.5 hours. We made one stop along the way. There was no traffic in Houston, which I thought was going to be a major issue. But we left our house at noon and in our hotel room at 5:30.

Archived