amazing Cunard

merryecho

Just got my first taste of the famous Cunard inefficiency- our tickets arrived with airport to ship transfer included. As we arrive in New York 2 days before the ship, I wonder what plane they plan to meet? I didn't want the transfers anyway, as I much prefer to use a taxi, but it makes me wonder if the bus will be waiting in vain at the airport for me on departure day.

Just got my first taste of the famous Cunard inefficiency- our tickets arrived with airport to ship transfer included. As we arrive in New York 2 days before the ship,?

The bus will meet your 'plane when you arrive. This is done to give the bus driver enough time to find the Redhook Terminal.

My TA knows that I never use ship transfers. I asked her about this one, she said she didn't bother to correct them as it was part of the last minute package that included airfare, transfers and cruise, and figured I would just ignore it. She checked again at my request, no credit for not using the transfers. Really.

My TA knows that I never use ship transfers. I asked her about this one, she said she didn't bother to correct them as it was part of the last minute package that included airfare, transfers and cruise, and figured I would just ignore it. She checked again at my request, no credit for not using the transfers. Really.

You might want to hang onto them only in case you decide to stay at a hotel near the airport. You could use the transfer to get to Red Hook from the airport on the day of the cruise. That's what we're doing on the April crossing ... flying to London the afternoon before and staying overnight at an airport hotel. Then we'll use the transfer to Southampton on cruise day.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived