QM2 May 23 - Help

Lorena

Hi,

I see that some people are on this crossing too, can you guys help us? We are now travelling around the US so we arranged to pick up our tickets at the pier. We haven't received cruise documents or anything. Can you tell us if there is anything in them that we should now before we show up at the pier on May 23?

I am specially concerned about boarding time, exact location in Red Hook, etc. Please share any other information that seems important to you. I am not worried about formal nights since I read about that in here.

Thank you,

Lorena

Hi,

I see that some people are on this crossing too, can you guys help us? We are now travelling around the US so we arranged to pick up our tickets at the pier. We haven't received cruise documents or anything. Can you tell us if there is anything in them that we should now before we show up at the pier on May 23?

I am specially concerned about boarding time, exact location in Red Hook, etc. Please share any other information that seems important to you. I am not worried about formal nights since I read about that in here.

Thank you,

Lorena

I'll be there.

Mine say that WE shouldn't board until 3PM or later (we're in Steerage) but those on this board that know say different. Our flight gets into JFK at 10am so we've got some time to kill anyway. Otherwise I can't really see anything you're missing in the docs.

Wait, I take that back.

There IS a personalized, signed note from Cunard Line CEO, Peter Ratcliffe to me, "QUEEN MARY 2 Guest", which I thought was very nice.

I found the custom itinerary information especially enlightening, really helped me plan.

NEW YORK

AT SEA

AT SEA

AT SEA

AT SEA

AT SEA

SOUTHHAMPTON

Very creative

I thought it was nice to know my email address ahead of time too. That way I can have all my jealous friends send me email. Its my name + booking number @QM2GUEST.cunard.com. I think this is a bit of a trick though as I bet my real email address is LowLife@Steerage.QM2.cunard.com.

It is all presented in a very nice and luxuriously supple leather-looking folder I've been carrying around for a couple weeks now. Lots off ooohs and ahhhhs at the Wal-Mart or the grocery store; it holds a LOT of coupons!

I just got my documents for that cruise today- cruisefever covered it all, except I didn't get a letter. The only item I saw specific to our cruise were the email address, and the notice that we would have a gala black and white ball, and an Ascot ball, to which hats were optional. The email could be important, but I imagine you can just email that address to people once you are on board. See you at the haunted chart room bar!

Archived