Any Previous Veendamer

peartree

:confused: Can someone please explain how the selfservice laundry works on the Veendam?

Do you need coins. Is detergent available for a "decent" cost? Should I buy it when ashore at a later date to save packing?

Hours? Crowds?

Can you iron in the laundry room?

Thank You,

Peartree

We are preparing for our third cruise on the Veendam June 2nd, that is, if we ever get our documents! The last was a 4 years ago. My recollection of the self service laundry was that it took quarters which you can get at the desk. The cost was a couple of dollars a load and I believe it included the detergent. I don't recall ever having to wait long. There are two to choose from.

Hoosierheadhunter

• 2 weeks later...

We used it a few months ago and it is the same. Quarters and you can push a button for soap..

Yes you can iron in the laundry room also. I think the hours are somewhere from 8am to 10pm. Never had a problem getting a machine. I think a lot of people do that "fill the bag for $12" thing so that cuts down on the laundry users.

Once of twice during a cruise, depending on the length or the cruise, you are given a paper laundry bag and they will launder as much as you can fit in there for $12. You would be amazed at how much I can squeeze in there:eek: !

• 2 months later...

We do the one bag per night for about $40.00 for a 7 day cruise.

It is nice to come home with all clean clothing and not have to spend a day doing laundry or spending a day at the laundramat...

Besides she makes me do the laundry if I do not pay for the laundry deal.....

Jim & Ruth

• 4 weeks later...

Archived