Which Dock does RCL use in Key West?

Signman........ I was in KW on 4-6-06 and checked the schedule from the link and it was right on for our recent Enchantment cruise. In the past I have been docked at the Naval Station ( Carnival) and that was rather inconvenient. Pier B puts you right into the heart of KW downtown.

Our current itinerary shows us in Key West on May 30th however the schedule shows us there on June 1st. Whenever I'm just happy to not have to tender in. 4 years ago on the Millenium we were tendering back to the ship and a strong storm blew through and our tender had waves going over it. There were helicopters flying above us. We were literally soaked to the bones. That was my most scary moment on any cruise. :eek:

Cindy ;)

GAMBLER,

No. Go to http://webcam.keywest.com/ click on "Mallory Square" The 1st dock (currently empty) is Mallory Square. The ship that is there now (a RCCL ship) is Pier B. The Navy pier is behind the RCCL ship which you can not see because of the camera angle. Most of the action is to the left of the camera. Here is a map of Key West. http://maps.google.com/?ll=24.558775,-81.803341&spn=0.008646,0.014291&*****=1 The piers are to the left of Wall St. The main strip is Duvall St.

Thank you...but that's odd....our ship is NOT on the schedule. I have my cruise documents right in front of me and am sure we will be docked May 30th on Majesty of the Seas....it is definitely not listed on that schedule.

Raerae....will you be on Majesty of the Seas out of Miami on May 29th? That's us, too! Our cruise docs definitely say Key West on the 30th, but I saw another dock schedule that had us listed for Thursday instead of Tuesday.

Thank you...but that's odd....our ship is NOT on the schedule. I have my cruise documents right in front of me and am sure we will be docked May 30th on Majesty of the Seas....it is definitely not listed on that schedule.

Majesty is usually in Key West on Thursday.

Now I'm worried. This is my first cruise and we are not listed to be docked in Key West on Tuesday, May 30th. I called and verified with RCL and he said that we are supposed to be there. Is it possible that we'd get there, have no place to dock, and have to spend the day at sea? I even called the Port Office phone number listed on the schedule calendar and left a message. Paranoid? I don't know, but I'd rather point this schedule conflict out now in case it's an error and could be fixed now rather than finding out the problem later and being unable to do anything about it.

Why worry??? You are cruising! Just go and enjoy the cruise and where you end up will all be good.

I have been there on Rhapsody and we always docked right at the Hilton, easy walking to everything.

I live by the rule, you cant change it, dont worry about it! Worry changes nothing and only thing it does is upset you. Life is just too short.

I went to the RCCL website and it shows the following for your sailing.

30-May Key West, Florida 10:45 AM 5:00 PM Docked

From Pier B, how many blocks is a "short" walk to Mallory square and Duval street? My 79 yr old mom wants to see everything but cannot walk to far or too long, at least without resting. We are looking for somewhere close to eat also, Thanks

Although I've never cruised to Key West, I have BEEN to Key West and I can assure you that all of the cruise ships are lined up near Mallory Square. You'll be able to hop off of the boat and be a block from some of the tourist stuff (and some of the famous bars). If you have time, make sure that you take a trolley ride through the Island. With most of them, you can hop off the trolley, see some of the sights (like Hemingway's house--dig those cats or Truman's Little White House), and get back on later to see something else.

Sorry, just read your other post.

It's about a block and a half (or closer depending on where you're docked) to Duval Street. The terrain is flat. Once you get out there, you can take a cab...which is relatively cheap. I would do that for lunch for sure...and head to Michaels...great steaks...or A&B Lobster House...try the tuna there.

Archived