Pictures from the Fantasy-GT, HMC & Nassau

Jenmars23

ship in November--our first cruise. I have a question about one of the pics. The "line for dinner"--is that to get into the dining room or is that for the buffet? What time was that? Just wondering if there's any way to avoid that..or if it goes really fast. thanks!

Thanks for the Photos Jen!! Even though I have been on the Fantasy so many times I cant wait to be back on there again and again....

I think that is the line for dinner but it always move fast once they open up the curtain......It is well worth the wait in my opinion, :D Enjoy your first cruise!!

Tina

Thanks for the pics - perfect because you highlighted the ship AND the ports. Question about Nassau: can you walk there from the cruise dock or do you need a taxi or jitney? When I say walk, I'm up for a couple of mile or more each way.

Dinner line tip: I read in a review that you can just wait a few minutes and arrive at the end of the line and get seated immediately. Thoughts?

Thanks so much for the pictures! We are thinking of sailing on the Fantasy next summer when she is in New Orleans. I was a little concerned because of her age, but your photos eased my mind! Thank you! Hopefully we'll have opportunity for some good beach days in Mexico!

notmay yes that would be my tip go walk around on deck or grab a drink for a few extra minutes then you should be able to walk strait to your table with no wait, or atleast that is my experience , just dont be too late, sometimes the waiters will try to wait a few extra minutes on all tablemates to arrive before taking orders :)

Tina

Thanks for the pics - perfect because you highlighted the ship AND the ports. Question about Nassau: can you walk there from the cruise dock or do you need a taxi or jitney? When I say walk, I'm up for a couple of mile or more each way.

The ship docks right on a pier. There were six ships the day we were in Nassau. It lets you off right in the downtown (Bay Street, Straw Market, etc.) You can walk to Paradise Island, our tablemates did, but they said it was a long walk and they took the water taxi back.

Dinner line tip: I read in a review that you can just wait a few minutes and arrive at the end of the line and get seated immediately. Thoughts?

I just thought the line for dinner was funny. We had a late seating (8:30) and they really don't let you in until that time. The line moves really fast once you are in. This was the first night before anyone figured it out. After the first night we had cocktails or hung out in the piano bar until the line starts to move. One couple at our table was late for dinner every night and our server did a fantastic job of compensating for the time difference still serving everyone at roughly the same time. We started betting on the over under of 15 minutes of lateness. It was hysterical.

notmay yes that would be my tip go walk around on deck or grab a drink for a few extra minutes then you should be able to walk strait to your table with no wait, or atleast that is my experience , just dont be too late, sometimes the waiters will try to wait a few extra minutes on all tablemates to arrive before taking orders :)

Tina

Silly me! I meant to ask if you could walk to Atlantis from the cruise dock?

Thanks so much for the pictures...I've been waiting for some new Fantasy pictures, I think I've seen every other picture posted anywhere on the web!:) Our cruise is coming up fast, but not fast enough!!! What time did you actually get to HMC? I'd love to get there for pictures before the crowd gets there like you did!

Thanks so much for the pictures...I've been waiting for some new Fantasy pictures, I think I've seen every other picture posted anywhere on the web!:) Our cruise is coming up fast, but not fast enough!!! What time did you actually get to HMC? I'd love to get there for pictures before the crowd gets there like you did!

We got to HMC at about 10:15. We were the first tender in. We went to the Universe Lounge a little before 10 and got right on the first tender, minutes afetr we entered the room. They didn't check excursion tickets or give out any tender stickers at that time, just let everyone who was in the lounge get on!

Originally Posted by notmay

I personally would not suggest walking with having to deal with all the traffic, you would have to cross a bridge and they do not drive slow at all:rolleyes: !! Catch a cab or a water taxi, I am not sure the cost but not pricey at all

Tina

Thanks for the great pictures. We are going on the 4 day Fanatsy cruise in September with two other couples who have never cruised before. I forwarded your pictures to them so they can start getting as excited as I am!! Half Moon Cay looks beautiful!:D

Thank you for posting the link to your pictures. There are nine in my family doing the same itinerary on the Elation in November.

For those that asked, my husand and I once walked to Cabbage Beach (past Atlantis) from the pier and I would judge it to be 2 miles. We took a taxi back as it's uncomfortable to walk when wet and full of sand.

Originally Posted by notmay

I personally would not suggest walking with having to deal with all the traffic, you would have to cross a bridge and they do not drive slow at all:rolleyes: !! Catch a cab or a water taxi, I am not sure the cost but not pricey at all

Tina

Thanks, Tina!

Archived