Any good hotels/resorts in Mexico I can go to

and lay on the beach with my family for a fee? My kids are too young to do any of the excursions there. TIA

I'm sure there are plenty......but it would help to know where in Mexico you are going. (It's a big country ;) .)

and lay on the beach with my family for a fee? My kids are too young to do any of the excursions there. TIA

The answer to your question is yes. Now, which ports are you headed to?

In PV there is the Crystal Hotel (south of the dock, north of downtown - on the main street). I believe there is a $20 cover charge, however, I believe you also get a $20 coupon to use at the hotel. From the street the hotel is yellow. Some people walk to it, but most use a taxi.

As I remember, there is a hotel in PV right next to where the ship docks that we lounged around. You dock at the ship yards in Mzatlan so there is nothing close there. Cabo is a short walk from dock but I remember just a harbor for small yachts. There may be a beach a short cab ride away.

We went to the Krystal in October 2005 and it was free to cruisers, they just wave you right in, they can tell you are from the ships. There is a back way that is a five minute walk from the pier, but if you go by way of the main street it would take longer. There is a really nice pool with a swim up bar, you can also go out to the beach and there are palapas and chairs. We didn't go to the beach in Cabo, but we talked to some people who hired a water taxi to take them over to one of the resorts that you see as you are coming into the harbor. In Mazatlan we did Randi's Happy Horses, you have time to hang out at the beach after, but it sounds like maybe your kids are too young for that.

We also did the Krystal. Very nice place. We did not pay. We had our towels over our arms and they just said good morning and welcome.

In Mazatlan you can go with Randi's and not do the actual horseback riding. She will bring you to the beach. It is not busy and the water was sooooo warm. And the food? Cheap and real good. How old are your children? Randi will let even three year olds ride. Her horses are very gentle.

In Cabo we didn't go to a beach as we were told that the water taxi's will drop you off near the shore. I was concerned about being able to jump on and off the boat with towel or beach bag. As I am not a small person by any means.

Have fun this is a great ship and itinerary.

Archived