Cabin Assignment...when to expect?

jvajzp

We booked an IS Guaranty on the Glory in August. Do you think we will find out which cabin we are assigned to before we actually get there? They say we may not know until we actually board the ship. Just wondering if it is common to not know cabin assignment until then. Thanks for your responses!:)

We booked an IS Guaranty on the Glory in August. Do you think we will find out which cabin we are assigned to before we actually get there? They say we may not know until we actually board the ship. Just wondering if it is common to not know cabin assignment until then. Thanks for your responses!:)

I booked inside guararty and was told by Carnival that I would know the room assignment two weeks prior to the sailing. I actually looked at my reservation about a month before and I had been upgraded to an oceanview and my room number was present.

Normally they don't assign cabins until after final payment....

That being said, on our 4/29 Glory cruise, our cabin was assigned 56 days prior to sailing....it turned out that a large group booked and they had to assign the cabins before they were gone! This early assignment was very unusual.

Did you book through CCL? If so go to the my reservation page. Click on modify booking ( you don't have to modify, just click off after you look) this page shows more details of your booking including cabin number if it has been assigned.

All depends. If you booked directly with ccl, you can pretend to buy a gift from the funpass page. I found out my room 89 days out for 1 cruise. For another cruise which I booked via TA, I didn't find out till I was onboard. Apparently there really is no rhyme or reason to when they assign rooms.

All depends. If you booked directly with ccl, you can pretend to buy a gift from the funpass page. I found out my room 89 days out for 1 cruise. For another cruise which I booked via TA, I didn't find out till I was onboard. Apparently there really is no rhyme or reason to when they assign rooms.
We booked (guar) through a ta, and we found out our room i guess about a month, right at a month and a half ago, (if not 2 months ago) and we were pretending to buy a gift from the funpass page. We sail next month, and had paid off our cruise in March. Ya never know

I'm on the Thanksgiving Pride cruise on a IS guarantee and it looks like they are full all the way up to main deck now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Holly

This is what bothered me about our gty on Valor. We booked an 8a gty. I watched the available cabins everyday ( using the different amount of passengers ) and 8a and 8a were sold out. 8c only had a few cabins left.

Well, they assigned our cabin 56 days before sailing and we were in an 8a.

Couldn't figure that out. Our PVP had said that from checking we were in at least an 8c. I called Carnival and they said a large group booked. Still couldn't figure out how they put us in an 8a. Did they put the large group in the 8c

and put us in the 8a that had none of?

Well, in the end we decided to go ahead and pay for a suite. We wanted a cabin with a larger balcony.

Just remember when checking availability.....

Do it like you're making a new reservation....

Try it with 2 passengers, 3 passengers, and 4 passengers.

The cabins that hold 4 will not show up if you put 2 in.

And they can put you in a cabin that holds 3 or 4.

I checked them all, they were all gone, then one obviously reappeared for them to put me in...although none showed on the reservations page.....

good luck...I hope you get a great upgrade!

No matter what...you will love the Pride....it is beautiful! And it is my favorite ship!

Archived