Chance to go on Sapphire next month?

Tinkerbell

We have the chance to go to Alaska the end of next month on the Sapphire. We have never done Princess before. We have been on HAL, RCCL, Carnival, NCL. Please someone give me advice. We have never had a bad cruise. But I only have 24 hours to convice my husband to go again. He loves Alaska but we just went on a cruise in Jan. If anyone can give me something about Princess to pass along I would love it.

Thanks

If you've cruised on on those cruiselines and have never had a bad cruise, for sure you should try Princess. We were just on the Sapphire last month and she and her sister ship the Diamond are my favourite ships. Some friends we met while on the cruise for some reason were reluctant to sail on Princess.......they booked another with Princess while on the ship!!!:)

And as the rest of our new cruisecritic friends would tell you......the Sapphire also has the best bartenders (Camelia and Phillip) at the Crooners Bar.

If you've cruised on on those cruiselines and have never had a bad cruise, for sure you should try Princess. We were just on the Sapphire last month and she and her sister ship the Diamond are my favorite ships. Some friends we met while on the cruise for some reason were reluctant to sail on Princess.......they booked another with Princess while on the ship!!!:)

And as the rest of our new cruisecritic friends would tell you......the Sapphire also has the best bartenders (Camelia and Phillip) at the Crooners Bar.

Yes Lauren we were so impressed we booked her sister the Diamond next year. Tinkerbell, I'm sure you and your husband will love the Sapphire. She is beautiful. The shows were really good and the food is wonderful. We totally enjoyed the group of friends that we found on this trip. We had a fun CC group :) and our table mates were very interesting. The music is also very good. Hmmm, maybe the Crooners will join you next month.:D

Try an aft balcony if you can find one.;)

Hi tinkerbell,

We're going on the Sapphire 6/24/06. Is that the sailing you're looking at?

Yes, we were on the Sapphire 2 months ago to Mexico and we went up to

the bow of the boat before sailing into Cabo.

We loved it. I'm surprised there are only insides since I checked yesterday

and they had many categories still available. Perhaps you're going on 6/17.

The inside cabins are very nice too.

I might have gotten it wrong the travel agent called me at work about 4:30 of course while it was busy. it is the 6/24/06 sailing we have a tentative cablin on. I will call her in the morning to check on a balcony. Would you happen to know how much more the balcony might be?? I have to deceide tonight if we are going. HELP

Hi Tink,

Well, we got an e-mail from Princess (5 time past cruisers on P) for a rate

of $699 inside or $750 partial obstructed ocean. We didn't book directly with them but got a TA to match that price, but I've been checking the

rates on various sites all month long and they do have balconies available, or at least they did as of a couple days ago, and the balconies were running

an outrageous $2,000 per person. There were very, very few left and a few

mini-suites and a couple of full suites. You can always go on a site

like expedia or cruise.com and plug in your dates and ship and you will be

able to see available categories and cabins, which might assist you better!

Personally, I don't think the extra price difference is worth it when there

is such a disparity in the price inside vs. balcony, but to each his own!

We did have a balcony last time with Alaska but do not feel that it is a necessity as we wish to be up on deck with the masses viewing the glaciers,

et cet!

Also, if you book this cruise, please come on over to our rollcall in the rollcall

forums.

Dana

We sailed Sapphire last August in Alaska and it was wonderful, as all Princess cruises have been.

Think about the Personal Choice dining, laid back atmosphere, and wonderful service and that should clinch it.

If you do get a balcony, try for Caribe deck--half open, half covered, twice as

big.

Go for it!!!

Judy

Tinkerbell,

I just checked to see what is still available. They have several inside

cabins, but outside cabins are limited and too pricey in my opinion.

They have only Category BB as balconies, but I think $2,029 pp. (based

on cruise.com) is a bit of a rip-off. They have mini-suites starting

at $2,129 ranging to $2,300 p.p. I'd opt for the mini over the balcony for

the $100 pp additional, but still, that's quite pricey for the mini's, even

for Alaska.

We've stayed in every category but the insides. We've had full suites and

gone backwards to non-balcony cabins and have still been just as happy.

We've gone on Carnival, RCCL, Celebrity and Princess, and have stayed true

to Princess for the last 5 cruises.

I love all the swimming pools on this Sapphire ship. We've been on the Diamond (sister ship) two times as well. We love the indoor pool which will be perfect for Alaska.

This ship will be more subdued in style compared to say Carnival, but will still impart a wonderful cruise experience.

Several dining options.

Reasons to convince DH to go on the cruise:

1. It's fun to cruise to Alaska.

2. June/July are great months for this itinerary.

4. Princess has the Anytime Dining which gives you lots of freedom and

flexibility.

5. Princess passengers are very friendly.

I booked an inside cabin today and paid in full! I can't believe I did this. I usually plan for months or years. So we will be on the Alaska 6/24/06 sailing.........Thanks for helping! Princess cruisers are friendly!

Tinkerbell......so glad to hear that you have booked.......you won't be disappointed!!!!:) Please stop by the Crooners Bar and say hello to Camelia, Phillip and Gabriella from the "Crooners group" from the April 22 sailing.

DH and I were on the April 22 cruise with the "Crooners" group from CC. You will love the ship and the staff. They were all great!!! You will not be disappointed. Please do say hi to Camelia & Phillip from our CC group.

Have a great cruise!:p

I booked an inside cabin today and paid in full! I can't believe I did this. I usually plan for months or years. So we will be on the Alaska 6/24/06 sailing.........Thanks for helping! Princess cruisers are friendly!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Archived