Sorry...but ANOTHER which aft cabin would you do question...

Which cabin would be the better choice.....7388 or 1392. I've read about how great the balcony is on 7388, but not sure if the super structure would be a problem. Is it better to be on deck 10 in cabin 1392 with a little bit smaller balcony? Thanks in advance for responding! :)

I will assume by the cabin numbers that you are talking about a voyager class ship? It all depends on what view you want and if the larger balcony is important to you. All of the aft balconies are going to be affected by the "super structure" in one way or another. The higher the balcony, the less obstruction. But on all of them, no matter how high, you are not going to be able to look directly down. 7388 you will have a side view as well as the aft view. On deck 10, you will only have the aft view. I am sailing on Freedom and decided to do the corner aft on deck 7 to have both views and a larger balcony. But that is just my preference.

From someone who has always gotten an aft cabin, corner afts are #1!! the higher you can go in the corner ones the better. But any aft is nice. In your case I would choose the one on deck 7. Espically if this is a voyager class ship (which it sounds like). You have a beautiful full aft view as well as a side view cuz of the large "port hole" cut in the side of the superstructure. You cant go wrong with either room. :)

The whole "super structure" thing is such a eye sore. Can someone tell me the reason for it? Is a engineering thing because they are such large ships. The Vision ships afts are so nice because there is nothing in your way. Does the Freedom have a similar design? Haven't really checked it out very well. Love a corner aft cabin but really like a clear view.

The whole "super structure" thing is such a eye sore. Can someone tell me the reason for it? Is a engineering thing because they are such large ships. The Vision ships afts are so nice because there is nothing in your way. Does the Freedom have a similar design? Haven't really checked it out very well. Love a corner aft cabin but really like a clear view.

Yes, Freedom has the exact same design. Lets not forget that Freedom IS a Voyager class ship....just longer. There is no difference in the design of the ship.

I would like to point out that 1392 has a MUCH larger cabin than 7388 if that has any bearing on your decision. But also 1392 will cost more as it is a different category than 7388. If cabin space is not an issue then 7388 would be the better choice in my opinion.

Thanks so much to everyone that replied. Bonnie....I didn't know there was THAT much of a difference in D1 and E1 in size! That is good to know since there will be 3 people in the cabin (11 year old). Also, I think the idea of less super structure is more appealing. This was very helpful! This board is great!

I was just in 1694 and now know if you have a choice of being AFT on deck 10, TAKE it! All those balconies on this floor a great and no onw can see into your balcony...we saw clear down into everyone's balcony...could see what they were eating for breakfast...but no one could see what we were doing. :)

Take the deck 10 AFT!

lg662, if you have three people in your cabin you will have much more room in 1392. Also, the 3rd bed in 7388 is the pullman that folds down out of the ceiling right above the heads of the other beds. In 1392 the 3rd bed is a full sized sofa bed. Here is a link to my aft cabin photos if you haven't seen them. It might help you to visualize the cabins better...

http://community.webshots.com/album/48328219CtbGLi

7388 is just as private as 1392, if not more. All those folks who you can look down on from 1392, can also look up at you when you are at your railing. Which is really not a big deal, but if privacy is your biggest priority, 7388 is better. No one can really see into the balcony of 7388 unless the folks in cabin 7390 peek around the divider. If cabin space is your biggest priority 1392 is better. I personally don't think I would like that darned pullman bed above my head. But, I've never had it so I can't truly say. Both locations have good views. I do think this is a tough call! For me, if I had 3 passengers I'd go with 1392 over 7388 as I like the extra space and don't like the pullman bed over my head. My Son however loves a pullman bed, so he would probably opt for 7388 (he is also 11 years old). It's really a win/win whichever choice you make! They are both great!

I'm sure the whole structure in the back is there for esthetic purposes. It give the back of the ship a smooth curved look that it would not have without it.

There is no way that this obstruction is an engineering thing. No other cruise ships out there have this rediculous contraption of an obstruction on the aft ends of their ships.

But I'm gonna bet my sweet bippie that all of that cubic square footage that lies within that contraption figures into the Gross Registered Tonnage of these ships, helping to up that darned, revered number.....138,000 for the Voyager.....160,000 GRT for the Freedom......

Leslie

Thanks Bonnie! I also didn't know that 7388 had the pullman bed. However, we have had cabins with that bed (my son LOVED it) and it didn't bother us. But cabin size is very important and they both seem to have great space on the balcony. I also wanted to let you know we are booked on a Nov cruise in your favorite cabin 1688 on AOS. I was able to tell what an AWESOME cabin this is by viewing your FABULOUS pictures :) ! Thanks so much!

I have Naviagator of the Seas Cabin 1688 and 1690 booked and could not decide which one to take...

We only have 2 of us..so cabin space might not be the main issue...

Any suggestions?

I personally don't think I would like that darned pullman bed above my head. But, I've never had it so I can't truly say.

Regarding the pullman bed, I hit my head on it in the middle of the night because I did not remember it was there!

Thanks so much to everyone that replied. Bonnie....I didn't know there was THAT much of a difference in D1 and E1 in size! That is good to know since there will be 3 people in the cabin (11 year old). Also, I think the idea of less super structure is more appealing. This was very helpful! This board is great!

There isn't much of a difference between a E1 cabin and a D1 cabin. 1392 just happends to be the exception. It is a larger corner cabin that was made larger because of a pole that sticks up through the middle of the room. Nice for pole dances. lol. Anway, the 2 corner aft cabins on deck 10 are the largest of the D1 cabins.

I have Naviagator of the Seas Cabin 1688 and 1690 booked and could not decide which one to take...

We only have 2 of us..so cabin space might not be the main issue...

Any suggestions?

Go for 1688!!! What sailing are you on?

I have emailed my DH all the pictures I can get on the web. So up to him to decide...

He is a TV freak...hopefully that pole won't block the TV...

I don't want him to have funny idea about the pole :p .

Shmobo, which side of the bed does your hubby sleep in? In 1688 the pole somewhat blocks the view of the TV from the right side of the bed (assuming you are standing at the foot of the bed looking toward the bed it is the spot on the right that is slightly obstructed from the TV by the pole). The cure for this obstruction is for the person laying in the right side of the bed to cuddle over closer to the person in the left side (who's view is not obstructed from the TV by the pole ;) ) We had no issues with the pole anytime we've sailed in cabin 1688. FYI...For those in cabin 1388 it would be the spot on the left hand side of the bed that would have the pole obstructing their TV view. But really, the pole is not a problem!

Go for 1688!!! What sailing are you on?

We are sailing on 20 March 2008!! Our Anniversary...

Bonnie,

This will be the first time we go Aft! I have hold a 1690 for Explorer sailing too..but we will likely going for GS. We will be sailing on the Hump on the Brilliance.

BTW, is Naviagator has more glass on the balcony? compare to the Explorer?

Jen

Archived