Guarantee room on Jewel - Question

We're thinking of booking a Guarantee room, Category D, on the Jewel. We've never booked a guarantee room before and need feedback on your expereince with a guarantee. I noticed that the category D rooms on the Jewel are on 4 different floors so we may get placed in alot of different locations, including at the very back of the ship. Also, on this cruise it looks like the suites are gone (or at least not mentioned as being available on the web sites) so I'm not sure we even have a shot at an automatic upgrade. Thanks for the thoughts. Jolinda

I usually book assigned cabins, so I can´t help too much with a guarantee, but I know that you should be happy with the worst location of the category you book when booking a guarantee because you might end up in this cabin. If this is OK for you go ahead and book a guarantee. If this would ruin your vacation bokk an assigned cabin and choose the exact cabin you like. Don´t hold your breath to get an upgrade. It might happen but the chances are not very high. If you get one be happy but always remember you most likely will get what you booked.
If you have any questions on the Jewel I´ll try to answer.

I am booked on the Jewel for 20AUG and we were booked in a cat I guarantee. Just the other day we received our assignment and we were upgraded 1 category to a cat H. I figured my chances of getting an upgrade were fairly good as there aren't very many cabins in cat I. The more cabins there are in your booked category the less likely you will be to get an upgrade to a higher
category in my experience.
Christine

Golden Retriever,

We booked a cat.D-1 Guaranteed cabin on the Jewel 7-27-04 [getting close] anyway we booked thru an on line T/A and when we got our cabin assignment it is #9640 about 2/3 to the rear not the best but not the worst either. Guaranteed cabins are given to discount t/a or at the end of a cruise booking [when ship is near capacity] a chance for up-grade is slim to none in this type of booking category, and when you consider an up grade would put you in a Jr.Suite ??? I do however think you will be happy with your room.
I hope this helps, If I can answer any questions, feel free to ask.
When are you cruising??
Larry...............We have a golden Retriever and love him to death.

Thanks for the replies. It sounds like I don't have much chance of an upgrade. However, since we'd like a bit bigger room than the E categories, and there are no suites that I see online, its a category D guarantee for us. Hopefully someone will bow out and we'll get an upgrade - you never know - the cruise is not until 1/29/05. By the way, we have a golden retriever too! Guess those with goldens like the Jewel! Thanks again.

Archived