QV keel laying ceremony today May 19

highcbob

Pepper & Doug & Peter

I disagree - take a closer look at the CGI's and you will see that it is not faux Victoriana/Edwardian at all. Ok there are some 'historic' references in some of the designs, but on closer inspection they are far from faux and have many classic/contemporary design features. I have just seen the new 2007/2008 and 2008 world cruise brochures and Cunard have surpassed their previous efforts - excellent!!! The larger pics of QV show the CGI's in more detail hence the defence above!!!

Ken

Ken,

You have an advantage over me here, I'm going by the thumbnail pictures that are around. Even the latest brochure that I've got (not sure it's the same as yours) has pics no bigger. As I said, the QM's interiors turned out better than the CGI pics. Here's hoping Victoria's do as well. I'm prepared to bow to your better judgement, you are better informed than me. But, can't resist saying....

at present I'm thinking that, during the first fogbank encountered, if they leave some doors open so fog wafts in and creates a nice dickensian pea-souper, add a few street urchins, and you've got the perfect re-creation of some people's idea of Olde Worlde Victorian England "corr blimey g'vner" straight out of a hollywood Sherlock Holmes film from the 40's. All that it would take to make the illusion complete is a touch of cholera. Such is my present opinion of the interiors that I've seen (you can tell I'm less than keen on them!).

'Beg pardon Sir, 'Mam, off now to gawp at me betters" (doffs his cap and exits stage right).

For those who want bigger versions of the QV interior renderings, go to http://www.cunardimages.com - use login "press" and password "guyonda" and then search for "Queen Victoria" and you should get huge images you can download.

I think Peter got it right with "a riotous pastiche of decorative styles"...

Archived