Cruise Care Insurance Question

Purchased this travel insurance via the TA, but I assume it's RCI's Cruise Care. Got my docs but I see no reference in them--or anywhere else for that matter--that I purchased this coverage. Should I have a policy or some other document in hand? I'm aware of coverage having read it on the RCI web site, but how do they know I have it?? Thanks.

Contact your TA and make sure they didn't sell you their travel insurance. I've got an Alaska cruise schedueled in August leaving out of Whittier Alaska, I leave in Virginia. I purchased the insurance through my TA and it covers unexpected events that may keep from going on the cruise. This way I will get all my money back, other wise it goes by the cancellaton policy. See it shows on my reservation that I did not choose the cruiseline insurance but its because I went through a TA. Hope that helps. Again call your TA!

God Bless!

Look on page 2 of your cruise docs (Guest Vacation Documents) under "Charges". If it lists "CruiseCare Charges" then that's what you got. If not then I'd wonder if I had any coverage at all. Btw, I didn't get any CruiseCare docs either - my first and only clue that my TA had sneaked this charge into my booking was when I got the cruise doc. Not a good way to run a business, in my opinion.

Archived