Hotels in Bangkok

janycels

We and our friends are going to stay over in Bangkok after our 2/5/07 cruise. Our friends TA has reccommended the Marriott. My husband stayed at the Oriental many years ago , and says that it's one of the great hotels in Southeast Asia. We would appreciate any information anyone can give us about these two hotels.

Jan S

We and our friends are going to stay over in Bangkok after our 2/5/07 cruise. Our friends TA has reccommended the Marriott. My husband stayed at the Oriental many years ago , and says that it's one of the great hotels in Southeast Asia. We would appreciate any information anyone can give us about these two hotels.

HI JAN:

WE HAVE STAYED AT THE MARRIOTT IN BANKOK. IT'S THE MOST BEAUTIFUL MARRIOTT I HAVE EVER SEEN. THE ENTRANCE & LOBBY IS ALL MARBLE. THE ROOMS ARE BEAUTIFUL. IN FACT, AFTER OUR ASIAN CRUISE ON NAUTICA OVER CHRISTMAS & NEW YEARS, WE WILL BE STAYING AT THE MARRIOTT AGAIN. THIS TIME FOR 5 DAYS.

HOPE THIS HELPS - HAPPY CRUISING

MYRA

Thanks Everyone For The Info.

Our Friends Ta Has Already Booked Them Into The Marriott---so I Guess We Will Have Him Do The Same Thing For Us. I Was Really Looking Forward To The Oriental, But Since We Will Be Spending The Last Day With Them, And They Were Unwilling To Change, It Will Be The Mariott. Perhaps We Can Do The Oriental For Lunch Or Dinner Anyway, So At Least We Can See It.

Happy Sailing

Jan S

Jan S,

If memory serves me right, the Marriott you'll be in is the Orchid Marriott which is on the river.

If that's it, then the Mandarin Oriental is next door to you and the Shangri-La is next to it.

Across the river, is the Peninsula, which is the newest of all of them.

Lunch or dinner at any of these places on the river is just lovely, so enjoy!

Jane

Jan S,

If memory serves me right, the Marriott you'll be in is the Orchid Marriott which is on the river.

If that's it, then the Mandarin Oriental is next door to you and the Shangri-La is next to it.

Across the river, is the Peninsula, which is the newest of all of them.

Lunch or dinner at any of these places on the river is just lovely, so enjoy!

Jane

Actually it's the Sheraton Royal Orchid that is next to the Oriental.

We stayed at The Peninsula for five nights this past February. Loved the hotel, the service, the peacefulness and the incredible views of the Bangkok skyline.

If I remember right from my research before our trip, the Marriott is quite a ways down the river and not near any of the attractions. Something to consider especially if you only have one day.

Bangkok is an amazing city - you'll enjoy it no matter what.

Joe

Actually it's the Sheraton Royal Orchid that is next to the Oriental.

Ahh, right. I remembered it was the Royal Orchid, but couldn't remember if it was a Marriott or a Sheraton.

Thanks for jogging my memory.

Archived