Will they let me off early, to go to the airport?

HLester3

We are currently booked on 9/27 Jewel. The ship arrives in Istanbul on Sunday 10/8 at noon, the debarkation is listed for 6:00 a.m. on Monday.

Do you think that they will either let me off the night before so we can stay by the airport or let me off a little early so we can catch an 8:30 a.m. flight?

There are only 2 flights back to SF from Istanbul on United one at 6:05 a.m. and one at 8:30 a.m. so we would have to stay an extra day if we cannot depart a little early.

Thanks, Heather

Hey! You're getting off just as we are getting on! We embark on 10/9! (Nice to meet you!)

Boy, that's really cutting it close, however, I think the Istanbul airport is rather close to the ship. I take it your air was not booked through NCL. Neither is ours.

I think a call to NCL with your question may help, but since this is the first time sailing of the Jewel in Istanbul, there may be some kinks.

Good luck

We are currently booked on 9/27 Jewel. The ship arrives in Istanbul on Sunday 10/8 at noon, the debarkation is listed for 6:00 a.m. on Monday.

Do you think that they will either let me off the night before so we can stay by the airport or let me off a little early so we can catch an 8:30 a.m. flight?

There are only 2 flights back to SF from Istanbul on United one at 6:05 a.m. and one at 8:30 a.m. so we would have to stay an extra day if we cannot depart a little early.

Thanks, Heather

I would call TA/NCL NOW!

Good luck:)

At first glance, I thought you were totally crazy, but now I see that the ship arrives on SUNDAY, but they show disembark for Monday morning. I would expect they have to do all the immigration type stuff upon the arrival since some people will surely leave and never come back to the ship, since they do not have to (except for luggage).

As said above, call NCL. And unless you feel good about the answer, call again or escalate to somebody that has a clue what you are talking about. This is one of those situation that you will get a half answer that is correct, but not exactly what you were looking for.

VERY IMPORTANT>Plan on doing a self disembark -meaning dragging your own bags off the ship. I am sure they will want to do the luggage thing at ONE TIME which may have alot to do with the 6am disembarkation. They can do this Sunday and Monday.

I would also check their itineraries to see if this same schedule is happening other times this summer, then see what happens with those people, or maybe check those roll calls now. This may have already been answered over there.

Archived