Does Anyone Use Their Carnival SeaMiles?

puddinpie31

Last Summer I signed up for the Seamiles card and have 42,000.00 Miles now. As far as I can tell, I get a better deal being an airline employee than trying to rack up all these seamiles. Does anyone know how this actually works. I was told that it's like airline miles...eventually I'd get a free cruise. How much do I have to spend to get one? Anyone know.

PS..I truly LOVE this website. I'm so hooked. I find myself on it so much looking for new stuff and spending so much time on here that when I hear anyone of my family coming down the hall I quickly klick off as they're starting to tease me. Thanks to everyone that always offers invaluable information and entertaining too!:)

I was also in the seamiles program which I just dropped. The rewards are very hard to earn. I have switched to hilton honors for my card purchases as I will get rewarded faster than the seamiles. I have as well found that it is hard to beat my military pricing. Rick

I was also in the seamiles program which I just dropped. The rewards are very hard to earn. I have switched to hilton honors for my card purchases as I will get rewarded faster than the seamiles. I have as well found that it is hard to beat my military pricing. Rick
OMG! I want your dawg! What a beautiful baby! THX for the info. Lyn

If you look at it as "well free is free", then at least the points are worth something. However, for those of us who have been with the program back with it was MBNA and the benefits were real benefits, this Juniper program is really sad.

As soon as we get the required points to cruise, we are oughta there as well. The "credit card points" rewards are becoming a competitive market in itself. And some cards are better than others. We fly for free due to hubby's frequent flyer miles, so we will probably go with a more "general" rewards program.

Again, if you have miles to burn, Wennfred knows all the ins and outs to getting the most for your points. He does Sea Miles as well!

If you look at it as "well free is free", then at least the points are worth something. However, for those of us who have been with the program back with it was MBNA and the benefits were real benefits, this Juniper program is really sad.

As soon as we get the required points to cruise, we are oughta there as well. The "credit card points" rewards are becoming a competitive market in itself. And some cards are better than others. We fly for free due to hubby's frequent flyer miles, so we will probably go with a more "general" rewards program.

Again, if you have miles to burn, Wennfred knows all the ins and outs to getting the most for your points. He does Sea Miles as well!

Thanks so much for your time!.... By the way, who's Wennfred?

Thanks so much for your time!.... By the way, who's Wennfred?

Fred is a wonderful cruiser whose "handle" is Wennfred. He is always willing to help give tips to get the most bang for the buck. He is a CVC member and has a PhD in making the most of your points and has a Sea Miles card as well. So he has actual experience at using both. We call him the "cruising for less" guru!

Thought I would share a little info on how to get free hotel nights. Coke has a program going on right now called My Coke Rewards. In the 12 pack fridge packs, 2 liters and individual bottles that are marked MyCokeRewards there is a code. Log onto www.mycokerewards.com and redeem those codes. 12 pack are worth 10 points and 2 liters and 20oz bottles are worth 3 points. For every 40 points you get, you can redeem them for 500 Hilton Honor points. For 7500 Hilton Honor points you can stay free at an Opportunity hotel (usually a Hamton Inn).

Another way to earn Hilton Honor Points is to join MyPoints (email me at rickwebste@hotmail.com for a referal to the program so we both can get some bonus points). For 2500 Mypoints you can redeem them for 2500 Hilton Honor points.

Another way to earn Hilton Honor Point is to do surveys on E-Rewards. For $50 in E-Rewards you can redeem them for 3000 Hilton Honor Points. Joining E-rewards is a little more difficult. You must join through a company that works with them like Hertz. Here is the link to join E-Rewards through Hertz www.e-rewards.com/hertzweb.

I hope this helps someone. Rick

I recently found out your can use your points towards airline fares.. for instance I have 22,000 points. For every 5,000 points you earn $25.00 in airfare. For instance I fly air tran to orlando, value of $111.00 - they would pay me back $100.00.

I have about 42,000 seamiles points. I probably have a better chance of winning "free Cruise Bingo" than ever getting a free carnival cruise i have used it for a discount years ago on a cruise, but when they change the credit card carrier, the rules change also.:mad:

According to the Sea Miles email we just got at 50,000 miles, I can get $500.00 off the cruise price. My PVP just told me that if I wanted to book through him for bucks off a cruise, he could do that and transfer the cruise. (since I am much more comfortable dealing with him)

He said if it was a totally free cruise, they had to handle it all..but to give him a call and he would help me pick out at room...even though he doesn't get "credit" for this help.

Add me to the list of folks leaving the SeaMiles program soon. I have 50,000 and when I get to 60 I will be able to get a free 5 day cruise for 2. Then color me gone. The old program was much easier to use.

While you will get a different answer from each person you speak with at the SeaMiles office, the gist of the program is:

You get about$100 discount per 10,000 miles.

Like air miles SeaMiles cabins are limited and not available on all ships at certain times.

The number of miles needed for a discount vary with the season and sailing.

But here's the kicker. To redeem a free cabin you must have enough points for BOTH passengers in the cabin. In other words, you can't redeem a free ticket and pay for your spouse. Instead you have to use your points for an overall discount off their prices, which I've never found to be very competitive.

AND you must book through them in order to use your points.

NCL has a program that is much, much, much better and we have done 5 free (or nearly so) cruises with them. RCCL's program stinks and Celebrity's is a bit hard to understand.

Hope this helps.

Add me to the list of folks leaving the SeaMiles program soon. I have 50,000 and when I get to 60 I will be able to get a free 5 day cruise for 2. Then color me gone. The old program was much easier to use.

While you will get a different answer from each person you speak with at the SeaMiles office, the gist of the program is:

Like air miles SeaMiles cabins are limited and not available on all ships at certain times.

But here's the kicker. To redeem a free cabin you must have enough points for BOTH passengers in the cabin. In other words, you can't redeem a free ticket and pay for your spouse. Instead you have to use your points for an overall discount off their prices, which I've never found to be very competitive.

NCL has a program that is much, much, much better and we have done 5 free (or nearly so) cruises with them. RCCL's program stinks and Celebrity's is a bit hard to understand.

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

I'm the one who started a thread yesterday about Juniper--haven't found the thread again--yet--today. But their seamiles are a joke per my conversation with their agent yesterday! I'm going to trash that card and program and find a better reward card.

Archived