At what point do you change from Pacific to Alaska time zone?

klh-or

We are traveling RT Seattle. At what point do we switch from Pacific to Alaska time? I know it's only an hour, but that hour could make a big difference in getting back on board in time, etc!

We are traveling RT Seattle. At what point do we switch from Pacific to Alaska time? I know it's only an hour, but that hour could make a big difference in getting back on board in time, etc!

First thing first: don't worry about when to change your time as you will have plenty of notice from the ships daily's........should even have something on the bed to remind you.

When we sailed the Seattle round trip we departed on a Saturday, the first day was a sea day, Sunday, and that night before we went to bed we turned back the clock the one hour for our first port day. I would imagine your trip will be the same?

Once you cross the Canadian border into Alaska, you switch your clock back one hour to Alaska time. We also observe daylight savings time as well.

It sure is easier than 25 years ago when we had four time zones - Pacific, Yukon, Alaska, and Bering Sea.

Archived