Don't take alcohol on board

maxx

Well, we got caught. Our suitcase was confiscated, hubby had to go & claim it. Told them that the kids put a bottle in with my mother's day card (half true). Oh the shame, never mind we still had fun.

Well I won't win any awards for smart thinking. Some clever people decanted in to smaller bottles, even drink bottles in hand luggage, they didn't get caught. Everything is xrayed. Unfortunately, and stupidly, we wrapped the bottle as a present, pretty paper, etc with a card from the kids for mothers day, put it in a suitcase. Story didn't work. Another woman had a bottle of brandy, told the crew that it was her grandson's home brew, they didn't buy that either. There were many suitcases confiscated so at least we weren't the only ones. My GF got her bag confiscated as well, she had large shampoo bottlers & they thought they were bottles of grog. Good luck, let us know if you come up with something.

Thank you all for your advice over the last few months. We finally head off tomorrow on the first leg of our journey - a three hour drive to the airport before flying to Brisbane to spend time with family. We will be flying to Auckland next Friday - 26th May but won't get time to get online befor then.

Plan to take lots of photos to share and will try and get online while onboard. Look forward to giving my review when I get back in June.

Cheers and to all those who sail while I'm away - bon Voyage and have fun

Rach

hi rach,. Have a great holiday and cruise. Look forward to your photos and review. Which deck and cabin no (if you know them) are you on? I would love to see them on deck plans. Go and enjoy.

hi rach,. Have a great holiday and cruise. Look forward to your photos and review. Which deck and cabin no (if you know them) are you on? I would love to see them on deck plans. Go and enjoy.

Hi Suexxx

I am on Aloha deck cabin number 7062 (outside) - getting really excited now - all packed and ready to leave tomorrow

rach

Archived