We are first time cruisers...will we be happy in an 8e?

I know we are going to love the balcony & the room. But I am more concerned about the movement and sea/motion sickness. Because from what I understand the higher up on the ship the more motion you will feel right? We will be on the Conquest Panorama deck cabin 1039. Do you think we will have any problems? TIA

Have you ever experienced motion sickness? Either in a car, plane or at sea? If not, you will be fine! It is not likely that you will experience any motion sickness at all. If you have had motion sickness before, just take a chewable Bonine (over the counter) one hour prior to getting on board. After that, take one with breakfast every morning and you should be just fine. And I didn't experience any drowsiness at all! ;)

No, I have never experienced any kind of motion sickness, I have never cruised before, but I have flown with no problems. DH has never flown or cruised so I do not know about him. But we will definately habe some motion sickness medication with us just in case ;)

Just remember that you are going to be on a ship in the middle of the ocean. No matter where you are on that ship you will feel motion if the seas are the slightest bit rough. Enjoy your cruise and don't worry about getting sick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't tend to get motion sickness in airplanes or cars, I'll bet you'll be just fine on the ship. I would take along some motion sickness medication, just in case, though. Bonine works well for me. If you want to avoid pills, try Motioneze drops. You can buy it at Wal-Mart or various other retail stores. They are herbal drops that you put behind your ear. They work very well for me, I used them on our last cruise and also when we fly since I tend to get airsick. They have kind of a funky smell, but you get used to it quickly. Enjoy your cruise! :)

Just be sure that whatever motion sickness meds you take with you are the non-drowsy type. I've found that some of the meds can make you feel worse than the motion sickness does. We were in a balcony on Verandah deck on Victory and it was fabulous. Panorama deck would be awesome. Again, if the ship's moving you're going to feel it but dh and I have never had to take motion sickness meds unless we were in really rough seas. I'd say we've taken a pill three times in seven cruises.

Christine,

I am very prone to motion sickness. I can't ride in cars as a passenger. I am not one to go to theme parks either since I can barely even look at ride without feeling motion sickness. My first cruise, I was scared that I would be sick the entire cruise. I took Dramamine the first few days. It worked fine, but as one of the posts mentioned, it makes you drowsy and that's no fun. Then, I started to take Bonine. I've taken it since and we generally have higher level cabins, as you will for your cruise and I have done just fine. One night on our last cruise in January, I did manage to get sick. I do blame that on the ocean, however we had still waters and I may have indulged a bit too much on the fun juice. lol. Keep in mind though that rough waters do make a difference and at night, when you are laying in bed, you have more time to think about the waters and if they are rough. I take the Bonine and an allergy pill before I go to bed, to help me sleep a bit better and not focus on the movement of the ship. Hope that helps. Have a GREAT TIME!

SoCalCruiserGal:)

If you don't tend to get motion sickness in airplanes or cars, I'll bet you'll be just fine on the ship.

WRONG! I never have gotten motion sick when riding in a car or on an airplace but I get sick as a dog from the movement on the ship.

I have used Bonine and Dramamine....Bonine has had the best results for me with the least amount of drowsiness.

We will be on the Conquest Panorama deck cabin 1039. Do you think we will have any problems? TIA

I just got the nice upgrade to 8-E on the Glory, which is the sister of the Conquest.

Normally I cruise on the deck below the Lido, but this time will be one deck above.

The nice thing is there is not much to make noixe above you at night!!

As far as movement...I have been in the middle of a ship, the very back of a ship, and now looke forward to being up front. The only thing I am disappointed in is knowing I can open my balcony door, and I as so far up I will not be able to hear the sound of the ocean.

Enjoy it....

We sailed Glory in March, 2006 in an 8C balcony (8385), two decks below your 8E. Our door opened to the balcony. The door between the balcony of the room next door was opened for us by the steward, so we could share some time with our neighbors -- both in real life and on the cruise.

We certainly heard the ocean while sitting on our balcony any time of the day except when in port. Enjoy!

Archived