Christmas ornaments in Oct?

We are doing the Celebrity Best of the Med cruise in early October, and will be going to Livorno, Naples, Mykonos, etc. and I was wondering about the availability of Christmas ornaments at that time of the year. Two years ago when we were in Europe there were few to be found in Germany, Sweden and Ireland.

We are doing the Celebrity Best of the Med cruise in early October, and will be going to Livorno, Naples, Mykonos, etc. and I was wondering about the availability of Christmas ornaments at that time of the year. Two years ago when we were in Europe there were few to be found in Germany, Sweden and Ireland.

If memory serves me right and that can be iffy:p I think I did see some on Mykonos in a little shop...you can always ask if someone sells them as it will be either yes or no.I also think you may be able to find some in Florence.Just ask when you are in a city as someone will know someplace etc.

Hi Karen - I sure do know what you mean about the 'iffy' memory...:p

Anyhow, thanks for your reply. I will be sure to not only look around, but to ask as well! My sister will be traveling with me, so 'asking' somebody should be no problem (unlike when traveling with my DH, who would just keep looking and looking and looking...you get the picture)

(unlike when traveling with my DH, who would just keep looking and looking and looking...you get the picture)

I'm impressed that your husband will keep looking .... I think if I had told my DH that I wanted to shop for Christmas ornaments on our Med cruise, he would have pushed me overboard at the first opportunity. :D

I'm impressed that your husband will keep looking .... I think if I had told my DH that I wanted to shop for Christmas ornaments on our Med cruise, he would have pushed me overboard at the first opportunity. :D

My guy is pretty good about it - other shopping no, but he will look for ornaments. It is a second marriage for us both, and we both have 4 kids that have been receiving an ornament every Christmas since they were born, and there are now 19 grandkids that get one as well. He is just as interested as I am in finding something a little different than Hallmark or Walmart.

being that venice is the home of murano glass , i am sure you could find something made there as far as ornaments... that what i am going to be looking for , gifts for friends from my trip, also if you know anyone who likes masks venice is also a good place .. i have seen a few shops that specialize in making masks..

being that venice is the home of murano glass , i am sure you could find something made there as far as ornaments... that what i am going to be looking for , gifts for friends from my trip, also if you know anyone who likes masks venice is also a good place .. i have seen a few shops that specialize in making masks..

We were in Venice last October and there is a Christmas Ornament store there. I can't tell you exactly where, but they have a wonderful selection. They gift wrapped all our purchaces too. :)

I also want an ornament for the tree for all of my travels--but I've learned to think outside the box. Just look for something that can be made to hang on the tree. I do keychains, little pieces of jewelry, lace or special fabric, even little artwork or shells. As I said--think outside the box!!!

Archived