Ecstasy did not tender

okiefarmer

Greetings one and all. Our party of 6 just got back from the May 15th sailing out of Galvaston on the Carnival Ecstasy. Overall we had a blast.

First stop Progreso where we tied up to the pier. I will review that stop on Progreso board, but we had a blast.:p

When we got to Cozumel we were the only ship tied up to the pier. There was a Princess ship(Never could see the name or the line name, was all white?:confused:) anchored just offshore and they tendered. The folks that had excursions thru Carnival that took place on the mainland(Chichen Itza, Xcaret,Tulum,etc) got straight on the ferry to Playa del Carmen from the boat. So in that respect they tendered? We had an internet all inclusive to San Fransisco Beach ($40 per)and caught a taxi after walking thru all the shops. Nice little maze they have set up. Since we don't like crowds we loved San Fransisco beach. Daughter and friend went parasailing and Patrick at the dive shop there fixed it so I could go along and video tape. Thanks Patrick. The drinks were great, Jorge(Hor-hay,my spelling) kept us well supplied with Corona or 24oz styrafoam cups filled with whatever mixed or frozen drink. Paradise beach was next door and was about as empty. Some folks who booked with Carnival went to Playa Mia.

Patrick showed us some of the damage SanFransisco Beach suffered and told us they were alive and well. They plan on doing extensive renovations during the slow season(sometime during hurricane time) and will shut down for a couple of weeks.

Hot rumor aboard ship was that a party of 4 teenagers did not make it aboard, details varied with who told it so file it under you can hear anything.:cool:

Thanks to the folks at Cozumel Cruise Excursions and thank you to all the nice folk at Cruise Critic who recommended them.:D

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/index.html

We had been to Cozumel (Elation September 05)while Rita was playing around in the Gulf (We got 2 extra days at Cozumel and got to explore a lot)and we were astounded at all the damage Wilma did. One of these days there are gonna be some really bad fires with all the timber that has died and has fallen. Locals I talked to just shrugged and said" We have troubles when there is a fire." As a 15 year Volunteer Fireman, I would say that that was quite an understatement.

Once again, Ecstasy docked and Cozumel is alive and will gladly take your money. :p

Ecstasy is tendering now on Mondays. The Glory started coming today and gets the dock berth. But the Ecstasy will get the pier on the other days...as of right now.

Thanks for the link.. Just curious did you have to pay upfront or pay when you got there? The website mentions a deposit.. how much was required up front? also we would also be interested in parasailing.. Did you have to pay upfront for that or do they allow you to pay for that once you get there?

Archived