Recent Bannister Island visitors

DREAMSAFLOAT

Are there any recent visitors to Bannister Island out there? Thinking about doing this excursion with CCl. Wondering if it is worth the $$. Are there restroom facilities and does it include lunch? I read there were many issues this past winter with people getting sick after visiting Bannister Island. Has this resolved?

We did this excursion on our Carnival Miracle cruise in March. We paid $42 per person. That does not include lunch. It includes 1 rum punch or soft drink. A boat picks you up at the Miracle, so you do not have to tender to the port and then go from there. It takes about 30 - 40 minutes to get to Bannister Island from the ship. There are clean restrooms, an outdoor covered restaurant/bar area, lounge chairs, little thatched huts with benches for shade, plus some trees for shade.

The menu is pretty limited. They offer hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken strips, and a couple of other choices. We had chicken strips and they were very good. We had also heard about the people getting sick, but they have resolved those issues. We did not get sick at all.

I felt that the cost was pretty steep for what you got, although we enjoyed our day very much. I was willing to pay the money simply for the peace of mind in knowing that I wouldn't have to worry about the tender process, and I wanted an excursion for Belize since we're not into shopping and I didn't want to just wander around the port area.

Any other questions, I'll be glad to try and answer. :)

Archived