Can we get an extra key to our room?

Since we have to have an adult registered in each cabin I am listed on my daughters' cabin and my husband is registered on the other one.(Shhh..) This is the same situation we were in for our last cruise and it was a bit inconvenient not to have a key to our room. I'm wondering if anyone has ever requested an additional key for a room and did you receive it? Or did they disable one of the original keys in order to issue another one? I do love my husband, but I don't want to spend EVERY minute with him on the ship:) .

Does anyone have any experience with this that they can share?

Thanks, Betty

We were just on the BOS --- and traveled with another couple. The first night, we went down Guest Relations and had a spare key made for each room -- and exchanged them with the other couple. No more accidental lock outs!! Easy -- no problem. We had tried to do it when we checked in at the pier-- but were directed to Guest Relations.

Have fun!

Yes you can do it, but it has to be done on board (not pierside check in) - Just ask them for a spare key for the other room. The only purpose the card key will have in life is to get you into that room - it can't be used for purchases or getting on and off the ship.

Scott

Since we have to have an adult registered in each cabin I am listed on my daughters' cabin and my husband is registered on the other one.(Shhh..) This is the same situation we were in for our last cruise and it was a bit inconvenient not to have a key to our room. I'm wondering if anyone has ever requested an additional key for a room and did you receive it? Or did they disable one of the original keys in order to issue another one? I do love my husband, but I don't want to spend EVERY minute with him on the ship:) .

Does anyone have any experience with this that they can share?

Thanks, Betty

yes you can ... but did you know that you can book cabins for kids without the adult listed in that cabin, just as long as the cabin for the kids is either next to , across from or diagonal from your cabin?

TruBlueTory, have you been able to book without an adult in the cabin? My TA said we had to have someone over 21 listed in each cabin. We weren't able to get the cabins near each other so maybe that's the difference. If you've done this without someone over 21 year old listed on the cabin please share the info. It would save this key hassle.

Again, thanks everybody - I love these boards! Everyone is so helpful!

71 days and counting!!!

Yes, you can get an extra key. Sometimes we've gotten it as we check in, other times we've gone to the purser's desk on board. I think the spare key has a hole punched in it so that you will know that it is the spare key. I always travel with a sharpie marker so that I can make a note to myself on the key card. (Hotel room key cards don't put your name or room # on the card. I put our initials on each key so that I know which key goes to which room.)

When we traveled with my mom, we gave her a spare to our cabin so she could use our balcony while we were out and about, and we had a spare to her's in case we needed to get in. Neither spare was bunched (maybe that's dependent on the specific ship), but because the names were on the cards, you could tell which was which.

Jodi

Archived