Leaving Friday on Grandeur, Few port questions

How did the first trip out of Locust Point do. Was there enough parking spaces for those who drove? We are driving on Friday and are not sure WHAT THE BEST TIME TO ARRIVE to get a parking spot.

I drive 95 everyday and if I was looking at the correct parking area it looked like there were still quite a few rows of spots empty.

JUST A FEW MORE DAYS,,,,,,,,,,,,,YEE HAA.

Regina,

I am leaving Friday on Grandeur too! Come join our role call. We have over 65 registered for our Meet and Mingle! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=293959

I did this cruise last year when it left out of Dundalk. Everything was seemless then. I hope it will be just as great this time out of Locust Point because we are driving up also.

I agree get there at noon. We arrived at 1:30 last Friday and it took one hour just to get inside the parking lot. Traffic was horrible and it took two more hours inside the terminal. The set sail pass and platinum membership did not mean anything.

Forget what happened last Friday. It was the very first day for the new Terminal and ship arrived late. And it was a repo, no one had their cars at the pier. Things went very smoothly yesterday. Ship was on time. People started getting on the ship before noon.

If you are coming from the north, be sure to get into the far right lane because Key highway is right away after the tubes. I would suggest getting there a little earlier than noon. You should have a fun time, it is a beautiful port.

~JS

How did the first trip out of Locust Point do. Was there enough parking spaces for those who drove? We are driving on Friday and are not sure WHAT THE BEST TIME TO ARRIVE to get a parking spot.

I drive 95 everyday and if I was looking at the correct parking area it looked like there were still quite a few rows of spots empty.

JUST A FEW MORE DAYS,,,,,,,,,,,,,YEE HAA.

There are over 500 parking spots available at the pier.

The best time to arrive is around 1 pm since this will give all personnel time to get disembarking passengers out and to get ready for embarking passengers.

Have your photo id ready for security when you arrive ,since you must show it to them before you enter.

Since you are driving make sure your luggage tags are on your luggage before you arrive as this will speed you to the drop off area for the luggage.

Also remember that parking is $10 per day payable by cash or travelers check only.

Any more questions just ask I usually work the Grandeur when she's in port.

Archived