Crown Press Release: The Sanctuary

cws

Does anyone else think this ship will be crowded? They added an extra deck of cabins, but no more public spaces. Am I missing something?

The ship is basically the same as the Caribbean Princess. I believe this ship is around the industry standard for this class for space per passenger. It is just the other Grand-class ships without the extra deck are unusually roomy.

So no, I don't think it will be crowded. Read the Caribbean Princess reviews and very few people have complained of crowds. Also, the way Princess breaks up their ships into more rooms that are smaller creates a "less crowded" feeling. To be honest, if you want to avoid lots of people you should look at sailing a much smaller ship.

Wow!! What a treat to FINALLY see some pictures of the Crown Princess. There is my balcony on the starboard side, just waiting for me. Thank you, Captain Rhone -- you have also made my day! The Sanctuary sounds great, too, but I'm a little worried about the limit on passengers -- wonder how Princess will handle that ???

First of All, Thank You Capt. Rhone for the photos of the new "Crown Princess". We will be sailing on Her this coming Sept. and can't wait to enjoy the new "Sanctuary"! Sounds just great! I am sure the "Sanctuary" will be a "HIT" and I am sure We will need to make reservations as it is not a very large area when you consider the number of passengers that will be sailing on Her. Ike

It is great to finally see some pics of the new Crown and also the Emerald under constructioin. Thanks so much for posting. It's great to see the Princess ships gradually evolve over time. It seems they are continuously improving and offering new things. Great ideas!

Wow! I just started visiting Cruise Critic and I'm booked on the June 23 Crown Princess cruise. The thought of Serenity Stewards taking care of my every need sounds like heaven to me! How creative! I've cruised on Princess a couple of times and have really enjoyed my experiences. A little more pamering can't hurt! :p

Welcome to CC Candy!! It's a great bunch here and you will learn a lot from everyone. Be sure and post a review when you return from your June 23rd cruise. I don't sail the Crown till next April, so I'm counting on all of you to let us know how wonderful she is.

Again, welcome to CC!!!

It says no charge for the sanctuary but I wonder how much they will charge for the food and drinks? I like the fresh squeezed lemonade idea,would be even better if it is free!

Laura

I wonder the same thing about if there will be a charge. I hope it is similar to Celebrity Constellation. They have what is called the aqua spa cafe and the choices were portion controlled, fresh and healthy. No charge!! I had some great Salmon and Ahi Tuna for lunch. They did charge for the smoothies though. I have to say it was one of the feartures I was very impressed with at Celebrity. I could eat lighter at breakfast and lunch so I could indulge at dinner.

Celebrity also had premium pastires available each day at the Cove cafe. Looks similar to the photo of the pastries on deck 5 (I assume). There was no charge for the pastries, but the premium coffee and expresso's were extra and well worth it. Each came with a piece of Cova chocolate. Yummy!!!

Sounds like Princess is bringing these unique features to the new ships!! I am so excited to try all the new things out. New Years can't come quick enough!!

The ship is basically the same as the Caribbean Princess. I believe this ship is around the industry standard for this class for space per passenger. It is just the other Grand-class ships without the extra deck are unusually roomy.

So no, I don't think it will be crowded. Read the Caribbean Princess reviews and very few people have complained of crowds. Also, the way Princess breaks up their ships into more rooms that are smaller creates a "less crowded" feeling. To be honest, if you want to avoid lots of people you should look at sailing a much smaller ship.

Thanks.

I have sailed Grand Class 3 times, and I don't think it's too crowded, but I can't help but wonder about the new ships, and extra deck without extra amenities?

Has anyone sailed the CB and one of the older Grand class ships? Is there a noticeable difference? Is it harder to get a deck chair or a seat in the show?

Thanks.

I have sailed Grand Class 3 times, and I don't think it's too crowded, but I can't help but wonder about the new ships, and extra deck without extra amenities?

Has anyone sailed the CB and one of the older Grand class ships? Is there a noticeable difference? Is it harder to get a deck chair or a seat in the show?

We have sailed the CB and the Grand, and I didn't notice any real difference with the extra deck of cabins. Found that the deck chairs were in equally short supply on both cruises, but you could hunt down a few. We haven't attended the shows so I can't speak to that.

Looking forward to trying out the Crown!!

In the link someone posted of the new pics of the Crown, the title of the sanctuary picture was 'peaceful deck area for apres-spa relaxation.' The press release stated 'limited capacity, first come first served' in this area. I hope I'm not being overly pessimistic, but I hope they won't control the amount of people there by limiting it to those that have just completed a spa appointment or are awaiting one.

If it is open to all, it appears to be a very small area. As someone else posted earlier, I wonder if they will limit the amount of time spent there. Can you imagine standing in line at the entrance waiting for someone to leave? This could bring on a whole new meaning to the chair saving debate. Lol - 'Set alarm clock for 5:00 am and sent DH to the sanctuary to grab a spot. The place was already full and the serenity attendants were handing out numbers. They said to try again tomorrow. I guess we'll have to set the alarm for 3:00 am.'

In the link someone posted of the new pics of the Crown, the title of the sanctuary picture was 'peaceful deck area for apres-spa relaxation.' The press release stated 'limited capacity, first come first served' in this area. I hope I'm not being overly pessimistic, but I hope they won't control the amount of people there by limiting it to those that have just completed a spa appointment or are awaiting one.

If it is open to all, it appears to be a very small area. As someone else posted earlier, I wonder if they will limit the amount of time spent there. Can you imagine standing in line at the entrance waiting for someone to leave? This could bring on a whole new meaning to the chair saving debate. Lol - 'Set alarm clock for 5:00 am and sent DH to the sanctuary to grab a spot. The place was already full and the serenity attendants were handing out numbers. They said to try again tomorrow. I guess we'll have to set the alarm for 3:00 am.'

Where is it?

Is it the row of deck chairs at the front on the s

Sun Deck. If so, looks like chairs for 20 to 24 people adjacent to the Fitness Center.

http://www.princess.com/ships/kp/deck/kp_sun_index.html

The pictures were great!! I can't wait to experience the ship. I too wonder if all the extra snacks and pastries will come with an extra charge, and how they will handle the volume of people wanting to use the santuary.

BTW, does the Crown hold 3100 pax like the CB?

I will be testing the swim against the current lap pool daily. Now I can cruise and train at the same time. That's wonderful. I would have lost nine days of swim training without that thing.

BTW, does the Crown hold 3100 pax like the CB?

The Crown holds 3,080. It holds fewer than the CB because part of the spa is on a second deck (where the CB has cabins).

Thank you CWS for the info on the Sanctuary & thank you Captain Rhone for the pics!! All the news we can get on the Crown is very much appreciated. Now I can't wait till the reviews start pouring in on the Crown after she sets sail.

Archived