Transportation Brussels to Antwerp

rbreid

My wife and I are taking a G.C.T. trip the first of July and are flying into Brussels, Belgum. Because we are going early we need to travel to the boat in Antwerp on our own. Any ideas about how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Bob Reid

Piece of cake. There is great train service running almost every hour. If you qualify for senior discount be sure to ask for it as you will travel for next to nothing.

Suggest taking a cab to the Brussels north terminal to depart. The main terminal in town does not have elevators which makes it difficult to wrestle with the luggage. Also you will need a cab for the short ride to the ship upon reaching Antwerp. We paid a fare of 10 Euro on each end. The train ride is about an hour if I recall correctly.

Clarence:)

We did the same thing on the Romance of the Rhine and Mosel GCT trip last July. Easy, the train station is right at the airport. Take it to Brussels North, transfer to the Antwerp train. It's a ten minute taxi ride to the dock. easy. inexpensive. We did our own air arrangements, and returned from Zurich (see, Europe A to Z! Antwerp to Zurich!) Again, an hour or so train ride, right to the airport. Trains run about every hour so there's no need for reservations.

I agree with Kay, Bob. My answer was assuming that you might be spending a night in Brussels but if you are going directly to Antwerp her directions are perfect.

If you are staying in Brussels and would like a novel hotel that won't cost you an arm and a leg look up The Welcome Hotel on http://www.tripadvisor.com.

They have some unique rooms.

Clarence

Archived