AB Suite

Has butler service available. What does that mean? Does that mean we have the privilege of using the butler for an extra fee?

What it means is you get butler service that includes an expanded room service menu including food from any restaurant served in the penthouse, daily treats delivered by that same butler.

No extra fee but a tip is expected the butler like room service is not included in the $10 service fee.

The butler will visit you every day, bring you a fruitbowl or some canapes, chocolate treats etc...

When you order room service, he will deliver it... our butler stocked our fridge everyday with soda, but I can't remember if that is included or he was just doing it, anyway we were never charged and had coke, gingerale and bottled water coming out of our ears.

He always returned our DVD's for us too. (We would borrow them from the concierge)

We actually had 2 butlers, we saw one all the time and the other one just fleeting appearances, although he showed up for a tip on the last day. :rolleyes:

Hummm... I think I gave the butler 75.00USD and the other one maybe 25.00 I can't remember.

The concierge I believe 50.00 but he did a lot for us. If you have no contact with the concierge or he does a minimal amount for you, many do not tip at all.

The butler and the concierge?

You should base it on how much you use each of them. What ship are you on? If you haven't seen pictures of an AB, use the link in my signature. The layouts of the AB's are the same, but the decoration will be different. They are very, very nice.

The butler and the concierge?

No simple answer it depends on the services you consume. Lots of opinions and lots of answers on lots of threads here. Some say $50 some say $500 :confused:

Quick search of threads on the subject. Here is the link. Enjoy an afternoon of reading:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=3270871

You should base it on how much you use each of them. What ship are you on? If you haven't seen pictures of an AB, use the link in my signature. The layouts of the AB's are the same, but the decoration will be different. They are very, very nice.

Hi again ... we are on the Wind, I gather it's an older ship but I'm hoping nice just the same. Thanks ... ;)

In the suites we could not only order from the room service menu, but also from the main dining room menus and specialty menus.

There is no extra charge unless the specialty restaurant has a surcharge and of course, it is customary to tip a couple of bucks on arrival.

We were never charged for our soda/water and the fruit/canapes/treats were included. There are some pics of our cruise/suites/butler etc.. on my website (link below) but it was the Sun - I'm not sure what ship you are on. We had an AB & a AD side by side.

Are all of the extras free of charge. The canapes, chocolates, water, soda, etc?

Can I order all meals to my room and have the butler deliver them, free of charge?

What's the catch?

What else is included in the penthouse suites?

Lets get grounded - Soda, Drinks etc will be extra but the same cost as if you picked them up yourself at a bar. The treats are part of the perks of a penthouse.

General perks no extra charge

Embarkation

> 1 Bottle of Domestic Champagne

> 1 Floral Arrangement

> 1 Small Tray of Hors D'oeuvres

> 1 Fruit Basket*

> 1 Bottle of Spring Water

>

>

>

> Bath Amenities (L'Occitane)

> Cotton ball & Q-Tip

> Shampoo

> Conditioner

> Bath Gel

> Moisturizing Lotion

> Milk Facial Soap 1.7 oz (20% Shea butter)

> Verbena Soap 3.5 oz (20% Shea Butter)

> Bath salts, presented in container

> Loofah Mitt

> Shower Cap

> Sewing Kit

> Shoe Shine Mitt

>

>

>

>

> Other

> Butler Service

> Concierge Service

> DVD & CD Player

> DVD & CD Library

> Alarm Clock

> Bathroom Scale

> Bath Robes (Upgraded Robe)

> Feather Pillows

> Upgraded linen

> 24 hr Room Service (Suite menu)

> Full Breakfast Menu

> Turn Down Food Amenity-Formal Night

> In-Suite Dining

And, let's not forget that there are more than one DVD players (at least on the Dawn and Star). We were on the Dawn last June and there were 4 (count 'em 4) TV's in the suite. It was great. I was in the jacuzzi tub watching my chick flick, DH in the living room watching his WWII flick, and the kids in their room, watching Cartoon Network. Well, ok, that only happened one evening after returning from Disney when we were all way too tired to go anywhere else. But, isn't that the point of Freestyle? Do what you want, when you want? That's why we're going back to the Dawn next June.

By the way, the Dawn's summer 2007 itineraries are now available and YES, they are continuing with Bermuda!!!! Whaaa Hoooo!!!!

Lets get grounded - Soda, Drinks etc will be extra but the same cost as if you picked them up yourself at a bar. The treats are part of the perks of a penthouse.

Hi shoreguy :) I definately didn't get charged for soda, but it might be because my parents were next door in an AB and we were always back and forth between cabins.

Hi shoreguy :) I definately didn't get charged for soda, but it might be because my parents were next door in an AB and we were always back and forth between cabins.

You were on the Sun. The perks are different. On the the Sun for example the AB is one down from the top AA. On the Jewel there is the AA. A4, A3, and A1. The Pearl and POHI adds the A2.

You were on the Sun. The perks are different. On the the Sun for example the AB is one down from the top AA. On the Jewel there is the AA. A4, A3, and A1. The Pearl and POHI adds the A2.

So, I'll be on the Wind in an AA Owners Suite. Will I get free bottled spring water daily? This is almost the only thing I drink anymore, aside from some green tea.

Archived