Booking for 2007

DocM3

We are planning a round trip for Aug/Sept next year - I called Cunard for pricing and was surprised to find that certain Categories are already wait listed. So looks like I'd better get my booking request in.

We had the full Deluxe Balcony last time and really couldn't use it fully - so I'm opting for an Premium (IN hull) this time. Can anyone tell me the difference between B1 and B2? Is it just size?

This will be our 5th and 6th crossings (QE and QM) I have always booked directly with Cunard with no troubles at all - any opinions on that vs a TA?

I was very surprised that they quoted me only 97.79 per passenger for Insurance. It was 6.99% of the fare last year. I'm going to have to question that for sure.

This will be our 5th and 6th crossings (QE and QM) I have always booked directly with Cunard with no troubles at all - any opinions on that vs a TA?

Booking directly with Cunard has the advantage that you get to speak with Cunard and specify exactly what you want. A travel agent has two big advantages: 1) they should have some experience of booking other people onto ships and 2) they can offer a discount (ours offers us an extra 10% off the Cunard fare).

We tend to book directly with Cunard and tell them that our agent is handling the booking - that way we get to deal with Cunard, get the discount and benefit from the agent's experience.

We had the full Deluxe Balcony last time and really couldn't use it fully - so I'm opting for an Premium (IN hull) this time. Can anyone tell me the difference between B1 and B2? Is it just size?

DocM3

Difference is position, not size.

Originally there was only one grade of premium balcony cabin on each deck 4 5 6. However, after the "take over" by Princess, who are keen on such things, the number of grades on board QM went up from 25 to 31 (now 32 with the new grade of "AA" cabins on deck 12). On decks 4 5 6 this meant that the premium balcony cabins towards the bow and stern on each deck were given the same grade as the center cabins one deck below (except of course deck 4 where a new grade was added fore and aft). This was done to extract more money for the cabins at the centre of the ship.

However, ALL A and B CABINS are the same size BUT the balconies in A grade are smaller than B grade (except B5 and B6 that are in the superstructure but behind lifeboats).

But of course B grade are "Sheltered in hull" balconies (again except B5 and B6 which have glass fronts) and A grade are glass fronted.

I would choose a balcony cabin on decks 4 5 6 for TA and a balcony cabin on decks 8 (not behind lifeboats) 11 12 for a warm weather cruise.

Unless of course I could get (afford) something on decks 9 10!

Hope this is clear (I've re-read it and it don't make sense to me!).

Enjoy your crossing.

Actually it made perfect sense - and I thank you all for your fast response.

Still hoping to hear something about the insurance - anyone booked this directly with Cunard lately?

Still hoping to hear something about the insurance - anyone booked this directly with Cunard lately?

When we booked for next December Cunard wanter £148.80 each. We've got an annual policy that covers both of us for £75.58! Generally any operator is expensive - shop around you can find some companies offering very good rates.

Archived