reef and jungle tour in Ixtapa

Idahocouple

We thought we would drop a quick note here for all interested in this excursion in Ixtapa. We have been home now for 3 weeks and are still kicking ourselves for spending money on this piece of crap excursion. Yes, it was the dry season, but our jungle expedition was a joke. After bragging about how he built his own home on the beach, the guide (75 yr old yuppie) walks you through his land up to a lighthouse. Thats all fine and dandy except the tour takes you through his garbage piles, up a very steep incline (which he doesnt go on) His dog follows along crapping on the trail, and getting in the way. After coming back off the mountain, you enter the water to snorkle in the midst of breakwater. Ive snorkled for many years and the most humiliating part was that everyone is required to wear a lifejacket to snorkle. Yeah....makes going under water pretty much impossible. Yes, We are just 2 of the many people that did this, but I wish I would have seen some warning like this before we wasted 100.00 on this flake. I hope this helps someone else out.

We thought we would drop a quick note here for all interested in this excursion in Ixtapa. We have been home now for 3 weeks and are still kicking ourselves for spending money on this piece of crap excursion. Yes, it was the dry season, but our jungle expedition was a joke. After bragging about how he built his own home on the beach, the guide (75 yr old yuppie) walks you through his land up to a lighthouse. Thats all fine and dandy except the tour takes you through his garbage piles, up a very steep incline (which he doesnt go on) His dog follows along crapping on the trail, and getting in the way. After coming back off the mountain, you enter the water to snorkle in the midst of breakwater. Ive snorkled for many years and the most humiliating part was that everyone is required to wear a lifejacket to snorkle. Yeah....makes going under water pretty much impossible. Yes, We are just 2 of the many people that did this, but I wish I would have seen some warning like this before we wasted 100.00 on this flake. I hope this helps someone else out.

Wow! Sounds like the adventure of a lifetime! ;) Honestly - thanks for the warning! We are cruising on the Spirit in March and that is one of our stops! Was this excursion offered through the cruiseline? If so - I would definitely report it!

What did you do in Alcapulco? We definitely want to see the divers, but not sure what else to do! In Manzanillo, we are leaning towards the Turtle reserve. Did you (or anyone you cruised with) do this tour? Any input? Thanks again for the warning - we will find something else to do there!

We didnt go to Manzanillo, so I dont know what is there. In Acapulco, we didnt have any excursions planned. we walked the beach, rented jetski's and played around. After about 2hrs a little mexican guy with a walker stopped us and offered to show us some sights. He seemed very honest and we took him up on it. he hailed taxi' for us and showed us to the flamingo ( john wayne' hideaway) as well as different markets to shop in. he then took us up to the 7pm cliff diving show. for 7.00 each we got a soda, and a nice seat over looking the cove they jump into. he then hailed a taxi to get us back to the NCL Star. we wanted to tip him more than the 20.00 we tipped, but had spent everything else shopping and on food. His name is Constantino for what its worth. In PV we went on the canopy adventure. That was worth every penny !!! very professional and the crew was awesome. I would return to that one in a heartbeat. in cabo we just walked the streets and shopped a little bit, we were tired from the day before. We took over 400 pics on the trip, but im not sure on how to share them on here. Have a blast!!

We just got back from the Pride - Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas and we had a great time! We also did the Canopy Tour (de Los Veranos) in PV. In March we are heading out on the Spirit for Acapulco, Manzanillo and Ixtapa (where we most DEFINITELY will not be doing the reef and jungle tour!!! ;) )

Archived