Obstructed View Balcony--Hows the view????

CRUISALOT

I am cruising on Miracle June 06 (next month) and I booked an obstructed view balcony. The agents at carnival say I can look out and around but not down into the water. But the pictures I have seen of the ship look like the boats (lifeboats) would totally block the balcony. Has anyone taken one of these rooms and if so can you tell me what the view is really like?

Because of the variety of items that exist on the outside of the ship, the view could be partially or totally obstructed.

If I were you, I would look forward to some natural light, and not much else. Really, unless you plan to be in the cabin a lot, the window is not really much of a plus, IMHO.

If you've been hanging around on these boards for a while, you have probably seen pictures of the 5A cabins on the Spirit class ships as well as pictures of the 7A cabins. The 5A cabins (they're the ones with the french doors) ARE seriously abostructed. I think all the "obstructed view" stuff runs together in our cruise-weary brains and the 5A gets confused with the 7A. The 7A is pretty delightful, maybe not as completely delightful as a regular 8 balcony, but pretty delightful with only the tinies bit of obstruction in front of most, a smal bit of obstruction in front of a few, and major obstruction if you happen to be looking DOWN from any of them.

Archived