Daily Programs from a TA crossing on QM2?

QM2 Cruiser

Hello. I was wondering if anyone has the daily progams from a transatlantic crossing on QM2 uploaded to their computer, or if anyone could point me in the right direction to a link that already has them. I would be very interested in reading a complete week's worth. Thanks a ton!!

I have another question regarding daily programs that I hope someone can answer. I am booked on back to back crossings from New York to Germany on QM2 in 2007. These crossings allow for embarkation and disembarkation in both Southamption and Hamburg. Will there be any activities for passengers already aboard, or are these lost days as far as being shipboard is concerned? It seems to me that it would be beneficial to have two versions of the daily program for these days. The disembarkation patter for those passengers who are leaving the ship, and a normal patter for everyone else. Does anyone have an experience with a cruise in which there is more than one embarkation day? I think this happened on the South America voyage, as you could either book in segments or all 38 days. Thank you!

I have another question regarding daily programs that I hope someone can answer. I am booked on back to back crossings from New York to Germany on QM2 in 2007. These crossings allow for embarkation and disembarkation in both Southamption and Hamburg. Will there be any activities for passengers already aboard, or are these lost days as far as being shipboard is concerned? It seems to me that it would be beneficial to have two versions of the daily program for these days. The disembarkation patter for those passengers who are leaving the ship, and a normal patter for everyone else. Does anyone have an experience with a cruise in which there is more than one embarkation day? I think this happened on the South America voyage, as you could either book in segments or all 38 days. Thank you!

Normally, if the ship is in port for several hours, they do have organised tours for the passengers continuing on. Since these tours tend to be overpriced, they are a major source of revenue for the cruise lines.

If the ship is in the port of Southampton for several hours, personally I would just dis-embark myself and take a taxi to the centre of the city -- it costs only a few pounds. Just be sure to take a taxi back in time to be in no danger of missing the sailing. Southampton has a pleasant centre city to visit for a very few hours if the weather is fine. However, the shops there are not very upscale -- so unless you are looking for basic items or inexpensive togs, the shopping there is not worth the bother.

If you have sufficient time for a long lunch, you could take a taxi out to Chilworth Manor in suburban Southampton to have lunch there (anyday except Saturday). A nice place to visit and they have English tree gardens where you can stroll plus a more formal French-type garden. The reception desk (upon your arrival at the Manor can book a taxi for you to return in good time to the ship) or you could arrange with the driver who took you out to collect you after lunch for the return trip. Or if you have a slightly fatter wallet, just pay the driver to wait for you -- then you will have a worry free lunch knowing the driver is just outside waiting for you. (If you feel generous, offer to treat the driver to a lunch in the Manor lounge while you are in the dining room. They will serve him a sandwich of his choice while you have lunch.)

Alternatively, if you are interested in seeing the port facility at Southampton, there is a city tour bus that leaves several times throughout the day from the main Southampton rail station (easily reached by a taxi ride from the pier). Precede or follow this with a pub lunch in the centre of Southampton.

I assume your mother tongue is English so you should have no problem getting around in the smallish city of Southampton by taxi or even local buses. If you are the sporty type, you can even walk to the city centre from the pier.

Archived