adventure ocean hours????

I see on the Adventure Ocean fact sheet that the hours for the 9-11 year old activities is 9-12, 2-5, 7-10. Do we have to pick our child up at each time frame or is it open from 9am - 10pm. Are kids age 11 allowed to be there until 1am like the 12-14 year olds.

I'm not trying to dump my child off and forget him but i just needed to know so i know how to plan our activities.

I see on the Adventure Ocean fact sheet that the hours for the 9-11 year old activities is 9-12, 2-5, 7-10. Do we have to pick our child up at each time frame or is it open from 9am - 10pm. Are kids age 11 allowed to be there until 1am like the 12-14 year olds.

I'm not trying to dump my child off and forget him but i just needed to know so i know how to plan our activities.

Good thing you added that last part, cuz it sure sounds like it. :p

Anyhoo, my son was 11, and he was only at AO from around 8 in the evening, on. After the first night, he begged to stay till the bitter end (1am). I let him do that the night before sea day only. We had excursions every day and he is a terrible sleepyhead, so I wanted to make sure he got enough sleep. There are breaks in the AO schedule for meals. You will need to pick up your child at those times.

Good thing you added that last part, cuz it sure sounds like it. :p

You will need to pick up your child at those times.

In that age group you can also sign a form to allow your child to sign out when s/he desires- so you do not have to always go pick him/her up...

10 pm is when the free time ends; after 10 pm, starts charging by the 1/2 hour I believe (check fact sheet). Also, those are 'regular' hours, depending on trip and your stops, the hours may be slightly different at the stops.

Thanks for your help we have only sailed Disney and there kids club is all dayand night. thanks for suggestions but i don't think i can trust him to sign himself out by himself yet. too scary these days:eek: . we live in citrus county, florida where the Jessica Lunsford girl was taken out of her own bed so we aren't trusting with that type of thing. thanks for everything:)

According to the RC online info, the group activity from 10PM - 1AM is $5 per hour. In cabin sitting (which must be arranged 24 hours ahead) is $8 per hour.

Another kid's question (we have an upcoming cruise with a 10yr old grandchild - our first with a child). Late night lounge entertainment like kareoke - are kids allowed in? I don't remember seeing kids on previous cruises.

I think that anything going on in lounges late in the evening is off limits to kids. It tends to throw a damper on the party. I am a mother of 3 and I don't even want mine in there with me. Not to mention what they could be exposed to :eek: ! Best to not take them unless it is like during the day or a party on the pool deck with dancing kind of thing.

Archived