Victory Help

monkeyman

We have never been on a cruise before and we are thinking of booking a 5 day Carnival cruise on the Victory to Canada from NY. Anyone have anything thing good or bad to say about this cruise? We are going to book an outside room with a balcony. Thanks for your input.

We were on the Victory in October 2002 and thought she was still in great shape. Of course, you will find some inconsistencies in the buffet food and service on the Lido Deck, but all in all, we had a wonderful time. We had a Suite and booked the wrong room, cuz it was right next to a public viewing area- we had no privacy on our balcony at all! Needless to say, I may be on some film somewhere :)

Was just on the Victory last week for her first sailing to Canada for 2004. Had a blast! Not much to do in Saint John. Halifax had a bit more. The Victory is well maintained and the service was great. The food and entertainment were good. Very big ship, with plenty to do.

Will be on The Victory on July 3rd...I'll post word when we get back. I am encouraged by what I am reading here...A litle nervous about spending my B-Day (6TH.) out of the Country. Thanks All....

The Victory is a great ship and we have sailed her twice. As for the Canada cruise; we did this in 2000 on Victory's sister ship Destiny and it was just not for us. We like the warm cruises. One day we were cold and wet the next it was hot. The pool never opened because of the weather. The ship is a good choice you just need to decide if you want to go north or south.

Sailed on the Victory May 2 - 9 this year and had a great experience.

The crew was great, the shows were fun, and the food was excellent.. something we were nervous about due to a specific dietary allergy that they needed to pay strict attention to.

If you read enough reviews you will see some negative comments about stained carpets and such. I found those to be ridiculous and overstated though. If someone wants to be a grouch they will always find a way to point out the negatives.

The ship is great... go.. do anything and everything that sounds interesting.. and have a great vacation.

Vin

http://community.webshots.com/user/vinp194

A while back when I was looking to book my second cruise, I saw so many positive posts about the Victory, and she was sailing the western Caribbean itinerary that I wanted to see. This message board was a great help in making my decision! Thanks to all of you!

Archived