White Masquerade Party on Constellation?

dionibas

We are sailing on the Connie 1/19/07 and I've heard of this masquerade party. I love the idea of the masks, like they wear in Venice. Has anyone been to one and if so, what's it like? I don't want to buy a mask and then see that it's no big deal. Thanks!

Diane

Sun Viking June 8, 1985

Sun Viking June 15,1986

Viking Serenade August 12, 1991

Crown Princess August 22, 1992

Sensation August 27, 1995

Viking Serenade October 6, 1995

Viking Serenade October 13, 1995

Century June 8, 1996

Inspiration April 7, 1996

Viking Serenade April 22, 1996

Holiday March 17, 1997

Splendour May 2, 1997

Elation April 9, 1998

Mercury May 18, 1998

Enchantment July 26, 1998

Rhapsody October 17, 1999

Monarch April 22, 2005

Monarch April 21, 2006

Hi Diane,

We have just returned from a Connie cruise. We did not attend the Masquerade Party but know passengers who did. The masks are not cheap but you can make your own, details are in the daily a couple of days before. They also say that you should wear white as the lighting highlights this colour. The party is held in 'the bar at the edge of the earth' which in our opinion (and lots of other passengers we spoke to) the ship could well do without. Certainly in the daylight, we thought it looked cheap and nasty and the lounging beds were a waste of space. We would like them to put the room back to how it used to be so that you can see out of those huge front windows.

The 'Party' on our cruise was nothing special, just a normal evening for this lounge/bar area i.e. live band and disco. Some passengers who splashed out on the masks and dressed up were very disappointed, others enjoyed it but all agreed that there was nothing different happening (apart from the dressing up) from any other night.

Of course, by the time you sail things could change and X may do something different. I am sure others will give you their opinion and keep you updated.

Lyn Mc

I was just on the Connie TA and attended the Masquerade Party. It was fun and very well attended. Just about everyone had on white and masks. They have an activity one day where you can make your own mask for free. They provide construction paper and all kinds of things to decorate it with. I actually went to Party City at home before leaving and bought two of them. They were perfect and fun to wear. The decor could stand a little improvement. As for the beds, this is actually something that is rather "trendy" in major cities these days, so I guess that's where that idea comes from. They were fine and people were definitely using them to lounge while listening to the music. It was a fun night for us.

We were on the cruise before joelmarj...

White night was very well attended... and a lot of fun... I'd say about 1/2 the people there had some sort of mask on...

We did not... however, everyone wore white at least.

The night they hold it will be whatever night they do Taste of Cirque... for us, it was the day we were in San Juan...

I think whether it is a "big deal" depends on the passengers... like all events... if you have a lively crowd (as we seemed to have) it will be a lot of fun...

Opinions are varied it seems. I think we will definitely attend. Sounds like something a little different and I'm always game for that. Was it held on a informal or casual night? Also, what kind of music were they playing? I'm trying to fantasize about this cruise! I can't wait!!!!

Opinions are varied it seems. I think we will definitely attend. Sounds like something a little different and I'm always game for that. Was it held on a informal or casual night? Also, what kind of music were they playing? I'm trying to fantasize about this cruise! I can't wait!!!!

Fellow passengers and their age and attitude. We were on Summit trans canal last November...which for various reasons attracts older crowds...but it was still very well attended. EVERYONE was in white and approx. 50% were in masks. The dance floor was full the entire time, though it did kind of die off fairly quickly. ...again older passengers not interested in dancing to hip-hop-wide variety..no jazz or big band though.. etc. until 2am. Nor for that matter was I and I'm 40! This happened to be the very first show ever on Celebrity of Taste of Cirque, so the entire Cirque staff was there too. Fun to meet them all.

It will be what you and your fellow passengers make it out to be. But I would definately recommend going. We had a wonderful time.

It was held on a casual night, on our cruise...

Types of music... Again... depends on the DJ... Ours played a lot of 60's 70's at first... then started in with some disco, etc... never really broke into the hip hop ... but, we only stayed till about 12:30 am - 1 'ish...

We attended the White Masquerade on the Constellation, and it was alot of fun; but after cruising on the Millenium, I was can't understand why the Constellation uses the Deck 11 nightclub only for Cirque!

On the Millenium, that room is used all day for all sorts of games, dance classes, and activities; and every night as a late-night disco; whereas, on the Connie, it was ONLY used for Cirque.

It was clear that Millie was able to offer a much more diversified schedule of activities because it had the use of that room!

We went to the party on a recent Summit Hawaii trip. My wife bought a mask on the ship for $7.00. The party was well-attended and the room was very lively and most everyone seemed to be thoroughly enjoying themselves. About half the attendees wore white. I pity the poor room stewards since it appears that many beds had been stripped. They also have face painters outside the room for those who don't have / like masks.

Archived