Pacific Dawn cruisers??

howsthis

Hi

We're booked on the 9th Nov 07 cruise. Wanted to really do the inaugural but it was too short. 14 days is just right for us. Cant wait! Found the roll call site for Pacific Dawn, might just have to add a cruise to it I think.

Karen

Hi

We're booked on the 9th Nov 07 cruise. Wanted to really do the inaugural but it was too short. 14 days is just right for us. Cant wait! Found the roll call site for Pacific Dawn, might just have to add a cruise to it I think.

Karen

We liked the cruise because it goes to Fiji, friends there, but we got it at a good discount plus $100 on board credit each. 14 days will be lovely, finally got dh to agree to come this time. He's been hard to talk around but now that we've booked he's already talking about what clothes he will need. Just think, over 500 days of expectations! There will be 4 of us sharing a cabin, all family, so hope our daughters can stand us both snoring. We are on Caribe Deck 9.

We liked the cruise because it goes to Fiji, friends there, but we got it at a good discount plus $100 on board credit each. 14 days will be lovely, finally got dh to agree to come this time. He's been hard to talk around but now that we've booked he's already talking about what clothes he will need. Just think, over 500 days of expectations! There will be 4 of us sharing a cabin, all family, so hope our daughters can stand us both snoring. We are on Caribe Deck 9.

Who did you book through & what sort of deal did you get compared to the brochure? I realy like the look of this cruise (although it doesn't go to Champagne Bay:) ).

Karen

Who did you book through & what sort of deal did you get compared to the brochure? I realy like the look of this cruise (although it doesn't go to Champagne Bay:) ).

Karen

We got 40% off through Harvey World Travel plus the $100 on board credit but it's not for every deck or room because when we booked there were only 5 cabins left on Caribe deck at that discounted price.

Has anyone else made a booking this far ahead? I look at my counter and it seems so far away but I expect time will fly, it just seems to as you get older.

Not too far off howsthis. We booked our recent cruise 519 days ahead. We're going on the Dawn in April '08 & will probably book as soon as the cruises are announced.

Karen

Has anyone else made a booking this far ahead? I look at my counter and it seems so far away but I expect time will fly, it just seems to as you get older.

We are looking at booking this cruise this week.

Karen:)

Looks like the 9th Nov is a popular one. This is the one DH & I really want to do but as our oldest will be at the end of year 11, we are concerned about taking him out of school.

Karen

Hiya Kazaa, we also looked into the Nov 9 2007 but it is too soon for us $$$ wise :(

We will prob do that cruise is 2008 or 2009

We worked out that if we save about $200 per fortnight from now then we should have enough for the two of us and about $2000 spending money. Hope we can stick to it otherwise that credit card is going to build up again.

We worked out that if we save about $200 per fortnight from now then we should have enough for the two of us and about $2000 spending money. Hope we can stick to it otherwise that credit card is going to build up again.

It's not so bad when there are only two of you but (& please correct me if I'm wrong Whoey) I think Whoey is in the same situation as I am, family of 5.

Karen

Is shell going with you again?

Karen

Hi Karen

Mum and Dad are coming with us. As for shell and family, Im not sure. I got prices for them today and a price for Robs sister and her family.

We got 40% off with $100 onboard credit per passenger.

Hi Karen

Mum and Dad are coming with us. As for shell and family, Im not sure. I got prices for them today and a price for Robs sister and her family.

Have you actually booked it? As I said earlier, Jim & I really liked this one, the timing is just not too good. I told him today that you were going & also the guy I met on our cruise who I found on the Fairstar website ( he was the organiser of the big crowd from Newcastle), is also seriously thinking of this one. Did you get some good photos from our cruise? And what about shell? I'm sure she did with that great camera. I'd love to see some. If at all possible could you or shell email me some? karmac1@optusnet.com.au or post them on webshots.

Karen

Hi Karen

Itake it the 40% is off the full fare not the price breaker fare?

Karen

Did you get some good photos from our cruise? And what about shell? I'm sure she did with that great camera. I'd love to see some. If at all possible could you or shell email me some? karmac1@optusnet.com.au or post them on webshots.

Karen

You must have read my mind. I was just thinking "I must put my photos onto webshots".

I will try and do it soon.

You must have read my mind. I was just thinking "I must put my photos onto webshots".

I will try and do it soon.

Look forward to them. Get shell to post some too. She even managed to get some of Jim.;)

Karen

Yeah we are a family of five and currently building a new house so funds are a bit low for now.

We estimate about $8000 - $8500 for a reasonable deck for the five of us (with 1 child sharing with other family) as they no longer do the 5 berth cabins (bummer).

I wonder if we are going to see a new fuel levy hit cruising in the near future... might see prices jump up another 5% or so...

We estimate about $8000 - $8500 for a reasonable deck for the five of us (with 1 child sharing with other family) as they no longer do the 5 berth cabins (bummer).

It sure is a bummer. We're fortunate that my daughters best friend & her parents are coming with us next time & as she is an only child our daughter will share with them.

Karen

[quote name='howsthis']I meant just over $2000[/quote]

Gosh howsthis, that's an amazing fare for 14 nights! We haven't gone on our first cruise yet and already I'm imagining where we might go next..and an outside cabin too.....amazing...we better start saving and saving and saving!

Did you have to put a big deposit down when you've got such a long;) way to go yet?

Cheers

Archived