Current CD's on each ship

CarRex

What about The Spirit and The Dawn?

I believe Ricky Mathews is on the Spirit & I know that Matt Baker is on the Dawn. Matt is going to be the next Colin Kerr. He's funny and energetiic.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

I heard that Matt Baker has taken a leave of absence from the Dawn. Anybody know who is taking over in the meantime? Anyone sail on the 5/13 or 5/20 sailings care to comment?

I believe Ricky Mathews is on the Spirit & I know that Matt Baker is on the Dawn. Matt is going to be the next Colin Kerr. He's funny and energetiic.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

So what happened to Julie on the Spirit? Is she on one of her vacations?

• 2 weeks later...

I thought Matt Baker was as good as, if not better than Colin Kerr. He was funny, out going, and an awsome harmonica player. When I spoke to him in person he was much calmer and down to earth. He was very easy to talk to.

We were on the Wind, May 7-14, 2006 and it was Denny Anderson. :)
I'm glad to hear that Denny is still shipboard. He was our CD back in 1998 on NCL's Leeward. Does he still play the accordion for the pax? I have this on videotape somewhere.

and Pedro Serra is on the Crown.

PE

Just out of curiousity, is Pedro the Pedro (from Portugal) that started out as a bar waiter on the Majesty back in the early 90's (I was on in 1994) and then started working on the cruise director's staff (I was on in 1996)?

Thanks.

I heard that Matt Baker has taken a leave of absence from the Dawn. Anybody know who is taking over in the meantime? Anyone sail on the 5/13 or 5/20 sailings care to comment?

It was Mike Szwajowski. He was to be there for another week or two and then he said he would be heading back to the Jewel for the Mediterranean cruises. He mentioned in the going away show that he would be returning to the Dawn as the permanent CD later in the year.

With Mike just arriving on the ship, I think he was still finding his way with the staff. Overall he was OK, he liked to make deadpan jokes and then tap the microphone when everyone would groan. He could do a few magic tricks and was very good at introducing the various acts at the theaters.

I thought Matt Baker was as good as, if not better than Colin Kerr. He was funny, out going, and an awsome harmonica player. When I spoke to him in person he was much calmer and down to earth. He was very easy to talk to.

I agree with you. Matt has the makings of another Colin. So far we have had Paul Baya (he was very good), Colin Kerr (he was excellent), Ricky Mathews (he tries very hard and was very reachable on the cruise), Linda Minnikin (she was awful) & Matt Baker (could be very good).

I wonder who will be the CD in September when we return to the Dawn?

Happy Sailing,

Monty

Just out of curiousity, is Pedro the Pedro (from Portugal) that started out as a bar waiter on the Majesty back in the early 90's (I was on in 1994) and then started working on the cruise director's staff (I was on in 1996)?

Thanks.

I don't know about the former bar waiter part, but he is defineitely from Portugal.

I liked his line "Hello, this is the voice from the ceiling...".

PE

Archived