**Happy Fleet Week - NYC Harbor - Honoring The US Navy & Coast Guard Services**

ESLO

We Welcome and Congratulate the US Navy & Coast Guard for their dedication, devotion and professionalism while protecting and defending our Country and it's waterways. Thru their protection and assistance, we can confidently enjoy the pleasures of sailing and cruising during our leisure time. God Bless and protect all those men and women who sail upon them.

Today, Wednesday May 24th till Tuesday May 30th New York City and the Tristate Area will be Welcoming the United States Navy, Coast Guard all other visiting Naval Vessels from other countries to New York Harbor to celebrate Fleet Week - 2006.

At 10AM the vessels 20+ will be entering New York Harbor. At the point just prior to sailing under the Verrazano Narrow Bridge, a Military Statue from Fort Hamilton Army Base adjacent to the bridge will be giving each Fleet Vessel a Canon statue while the crews stand in review. Vessels will be docked at various terminals especially NYC Passenger Terminal and open for the public visitation. Many events will take place this weekend especially on Memorial Day at the USS Intripid.

My wife and I sailed on the Rotterdam two years from NYC Passenger Terminal with the Fleet in and docked there. We were very proud to see the vessels there and greed the Sailors that were going to enjoy their liberty in our fine city.

Once again, Welcome US Navy & Coast Guard.

Regards,

ESLO

(Ed & Bev)

Very cool Eslo!

Thanks for posting the information. I'll make a point to check out my Krooz-Cam through the weekend festivities.

http://www.kroooz-cams.com/USindex.html (For those who want to peek)

That's one of the events I miss after leaving San Diego. There's nothing like sipping on a cool drink on the white sandy beach at the Hotel Del Coronado, saluting our men and women in uniform.

*A special salute to Jeremy*

Very cool Eslo!

Thanks for posting the information. I'll make a point to check out my Krooz-Cam through the weekend festivities.

http://www.kroooz-cams.com/USindex.html (For those who want to peek)

That's one of the events I miss after leaving San Diego. There's nothing like sipping on a cool drink on the white sandy beach at the Hotel Del Coronado, saluting our men and women in uniform.

*A special salute to Jeremy*

Hi ladymacwilly,

Thank you for your response. We took the QE2 out of San Diego once for the Panama Canal and saw the Naval Base across the harbor as we left.

This event is always held the same time each year on Memorial Day Weekend. New York is full of events and sailors. It also has it's own website.

If you are ever in NYC, you will see the fleet docked at the Passenger Ship Terminal next to the USS Intripid Carrier.

Regards,

:) ESLO

(Ed & Bev)

Archived