Can you get an upgrade after a guarantee

When you book a gurantee you are paying a discounted rate in return for letting them place you wherever they want. It's the closest thing Celebrity has to putting cabins on "sale." I would not count on getting any kind of upgrade, if you're going to Bermuda, Zenith sails pretty much full on every trip. The general rule of thumb is that when you book a guarantee, make sure you are okay with whatever the worst possible cabin will be in that category (i.e., inside, outside, veranda, suite).

As far as fore-versus-aft, think the important thing is the distance from the middle of the ship. I never can tell much of a difference, though, but I'm lucky in that I'm not prone to motion sickness.

There is a chance you will be upgraded, but very low. Now that they have assigned the cabin--I'd say 98% of the time it will not change.

However, as you get close to sailing, you might find you can CHANGE your reservation to a better cabin for the same price or maybe less than you paid for earlier. Go online and do the research then call your TA and say something like: "Hey, on Celebrity's website, I can get room 6072 for the same price that I am paying for 5003. what can you do for me?"

I booked an interior guarantee on the Zenith and was already assigned the cabin (very forward). Once Celebrity has assigned a cabin, do they ever upgrade if there are empty cabins?

Is a forward cabin worse than an aft cabin?

Hi Cruisin !

I agree with what the others have said. Once a cabin is assigned, it rarely changes. My only comment, is if there are many available cabins, you can always have your TA request a change, as it gets closer to the sailing date. It never hurts to ask.

Enjoy your Cruise !

On our 1st Zenith cruise we had a very nice cabin booked. No upgrade! On our last Zenith we booked a not so good cabin (just to get on the ship) and were given an upgrade. OK ... not a great upgrade ... but much better than what we had booked. DON'T GIVE UP ALL HOPE! ;)

We LOVE Zenith! :D

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

I called my internet cruise company and the agent got an upgrade from the extreme forward cabin to room 5149 (aft) which online had a higher rate than the one I paid, but there was no additional charge. She said to call back at a later date to check for a further upgrade.

I was pleasantly surprised.

Archived