Slow boat to China

I keep looking for the "slow boat to China" -- i.e., a cruise that would leave from the west coast of the US or Canada and not stop from there until it reached China.

I found a few -- but never at the exact time I want. Does any cruise line feature such cruises -- or are they only done as a "repositioning" thing?

I keep looking for the "slow boat to China" -- i.e., a cruise that would leave from the west coast of the US or Canada and not stop from there until it reached China.

I found a few -- but never at the exact time I want. Does any cruise line feature such cruises -- or are they only done as a "repositioning" thing?

I assume you have looked into the Princess cruises to Alaska from Asia. They do stop in Russia and Japan, before reaching China. Only a couple of trips per year.

How about a freighter??? Freighter travel is getting pretty modern. No stage shows, no comedians, no harp players. But decent accommodations and definitely a new and different experience. Check out this website: http://www.freighterworld.com/

You could look at part of the P & O world cruises. They leave England in Jan and take the best part of 80- 100 days to get back to England, some of them go through the Panama Canal calling in to the West Coast then on to China via Australia. Long trip but fun!

Jo

NorthernNeighbour, that Crystal cruise I mentioned is also one of their Value Collection sailings. That means, it's much cheaper than your regular Crystal per diems. You can't go on a 17 day regular Crystal cruise for anywhere near the prices they charge for their Value Collection cruises.

Archived