Legend of the Seas--November

Hello everyone I am new to Cruise Critic and have been "trolling" the forums the last couple days as I look for a cruise to suprise my wife with. I have settled on the Legend of the Seas and this will be our first Royal Caribbean cruise.

A little history for you on my cruising. My first cruise was in 2000 on the Big Red Boat II. We decided last minute to take a vacation and wanted to go on a cruise. We planned this cruise 2 weeks before it left. It was wonderful. The boat was small and old but the staff was great. We really enjoyed it.

Last year we took another cruise this time with our kids. We have a then 3 year old and 5 year old. We took a 5 night cruise to the Bahamas on the Carnival Celebration. It was an okay trip. The staff was wonderful but that boat was overcrowded and I do not think my kids enjoyed the trip to much. All of you know how little kids can be after being in the sun all day. One afternoon after 2 days of cruising we went back to the room and the kids where cranky and crying. The people next to us called security on us for noise, AT 3:00 PM, yet at 3:00 AM they were loud. I guess that did not help my experience either.

Anyway, to make a long story even longer, my wife's and I's 10 year anniversary is in 2007. I am suprising her with this trip now cause I do not want her to suspect anything. So tell me, how is the Legend of the Seas. It seems like the boat gets pretty good reviews, also, how does it compare to the other ships we have been on. Also if you could tell us some must see things in our ports of call that would be great. The ports of call are George Town, Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Belize City, and Cozumel.

Thanks in advance and it looks like you all have a great community here.

Archived