How often do they run 3rd/4th Person Specials

LynnTH

We are planning on taking a cruise next March during the kid's spring break. This will be my 5th Cruise but this will be the first cruise with the kids (8 &5). We are going with some friends who have kids the same age. We are pretty flexible and are looking at either Carnival (which I have never been on) RCCL (been on 3 times) and NCL (been on twice). We are pretty much looking for the best deals we can get on one of the bigger or newer ships. Does anyone know if the 3rd/4th passenger deals that they offer either free or very cheap come across very often. We are hoping to get one of those deals but not sure if that is realistic or not. Any info would be great. Thanks.

We are planning on taking a cruise next March during the kid's spring break. This will be my 5th Cruise but this will be the first cruise with the kids (8 &5). We are going with some friends who have kids the same age. We are pretty flexible and are looking at either Carnival (which I have never been on) RCCL (been on 3 times) and NCL (been on twice). We are pretty much looking for the best deals we can get on one of the bigger or newer ships. Does anyone know if the 3rd/4th passenger deals that they offer either free or very cheap come across very often. We are hoping to get one of those deals but not sure if that is realistic or not. Any info would be great. Thanks.

Right now the specials I have seen are for the summer cruises, not for many of the 2007 cruises and nothing at all for cruises after Feb 07 as far as specials. Occassionally you will see specials directed specifically for the kids. When we cruised in Jan 06 (booked 6 months before) they were running a special for kids for $299 a piece.

With rising prices, sometimes it just doesn't pay to wait especially if you want a specific cabin/cabin type and/or specific cruise.

Hope you find a great deal.

They typically run those at times when demand is low. They lower the prices to fill the ships. They don't have problems filling triples and quads when kids are out of school (which includes March and April for Spring Breaks) so I doubt that you'll find any great 3rd/4th deals at that time.

The days of free 3rd and 4th passengers are long gone (except for perhaps some sailings on Costa?). Carnival ran a 3rd and 4th passenger special last month that was something like $149 for 3/4 day, $199 for 5 day and $249 for 7 day cruises. That's about as good as you'll ever find anymore and they don't do it often.

Archived