S&S Credit or Porthole room?

zaytah23

I called up Carnival today for my once-a-month check and was told that the only possible "upgrade" to a room would be to one with a porthole window...this would be from deck 9 on the Destiny, where we were upgraded from a much lower deck. We took a $340 credit to be used on the ship or whatnot instead of this change...was this a smart decision or might we've been better off going with the porthole window at risk of being moved down a deck or two?

I personally feel that my stateroom isn't the place where I plan to spend my vacation...I would take the credit and live it up in the bar, giftshop, photoshops, etc...

Just my 2c though (I always book a guar inside, as I don't care where my room is LOL)

Miranda

Inside to porthole vs. $$--you did what I would have done without even thinking twice about it. And, yes, I've cruised inside to balcony and in between. I would always take $$ back over any inside to outside non-balcony offer.

Enjoy your cruise, zaytah23!

Unless you are going on a cruise to spend time in your cabin, I'd take the credit. Unless you a balcony, at night there isn't a whole lot of difference between an inside or outside cabin. Spend more time on deck SPENDING the credit!

Guest YesitDonna

I ahve had from Inside to Suite and I still don't care where I SLEEP. I would take the credit for sure! Good SCORE!

Zay - Although I enjoy porthole cabins (that's what I always try to book; I don't do guarantees), I would jump on that OBC in a heartbeat! Hmm, the spending possibilities are endless.;)

Thanks for the responses =) Just a first-time cruiser here so wasn't sure whether the porthole might've been the way to go or not but I guess the credit was the right way to go lol

Getting ready to spend away ;) lol

I would have asked for BOTH! :) There is still a possibility that you will get a better view regardless. If you're already on the Lido Deck, you could get moved to a balcony before you get your documents, so taking the credit was a great decision. If you need any help with the Destiny, I'd be glad to try to do that- she's my favorite ship!

Archived