DAWN-Which (affordable) rooms will fit 5 ppl?

We're 3 adults and 2 kids (8 & 10) thinking about the 11 nt Dawn cruise in January '07. Do any of the suites accomodate 5 ppl besides the most expensive garden and owners suites?

We're trying to figure out what makes the most sense, financially... but it looks like we may just have to get two rooms (?).

Anybody with ideas or suggestions, let us know.

Thanks!

Michelle

The AB category (next level down from owner's suite) has a very interesting feature. There's a separate inside cabin, with its own TV and bathroom, just inside the front door to the suite. It sleeps two (or possibly three--I think there's an upper bunk), and some families put the kids to sleep in this cabin-within-a-cabin. In the main part, there's a living-dining area and a balcony where you could all hang out during the day, and a separate bedroom and bath for two people. I suspect it's more expensive than two cabins, because it includes butler service--but I would suggest you have your travel agent look into the price compared to two cabins (also to verify that the little inside cabin sleeps three people, unless someone reading this can confirm it).

The owner's suite (AA), even if you wanted to spend the money, is not for you because there is only one bathroom, and rather than an extra bedroom there's a bigger living-dining area and two balconies. I had a look once, and it impressed me as a luxurious honeymoon sort of accommodation. The penthouse suites (category AC through AE) also sleep only two people, or possibly three with a rollaway.

Have a great cruise, whatever you decide. The Dawn's a lovely ship.

Carol Louise

P.S. I see Chris209 posted while I was composing my reply, and answered the question about the 5th person.

When I recently inquired (through NCL) about an AB suite, I was told 2 persons per bedroom and one on the sleep sofa.

Though you can see that upper bunk located in the 2nd bedroom (I'm sure for a child) in some of the posted pictures on CC.

Price may be comparable to 2 cabins (depending what type of cabins you are looking at) as you will get 3rd, 4th and 5th person discount charge in the AB.

If you call NCL, they will work up all the prices for you for any combination of cabins/cabin that can accommodate your party.

They are very patient and will stay on the phone until you have all of your questions answered.

The Dawn is beautiful.

11 days are wonderful.

Good Luck

We were just in an ab on the Dawn and it is perfect for 4 but can accomodate 5 We did not have a sleeper sofa but the second bedroom will fit 3 one on the bunk two on the bottom. You will love the Ab

We were just in an ab on the Dawn and it is perfect for 4 but can accomodate 5 We did not have a sleeper sofa but the second bedroom will fit 3 one on the bunk two on the bottom. You will love the Ab

Fine for 2 adults and 3 kids. Which adult gets to share the little bedroom:eek:

CatskillsMom - I think your only option may be two cabins.

You are right Shoreguy but for some reason I pictured like a grandmother as the third adult and I know my kids would love to sleep with grandma and she would love it to. I just loved that ab so much.

Catskillmom,

We are a family of 5 and definetely find it more affordable to do 2 cabins! I booked myself and one dd in the first cabin and dh and dd's 2 & 3 in another. Just stopped at guest services for duplicate room keys and we were good to go. (BTW, duplicate keys have NO charging privledges so whoever gets one needs to carry 2 keys around)

HTH,

~Connie

Great information everyone!

Our third adult is actually my husbands sister and she's tiny...100 lbs soaking wet! She's also not picky so maybe she wouldn't mind sharing with the kids (one kid is hers). IF it would save us money...if not, then having her own cabin might be a better option.

I'll have to check further into the AB...

Thank you.

Is there one bathroom or two in an AA?? I thought it was two.

My recollection after a quick tour of the suite was of one huge bathroom. But I'm thinking now I may have mis-remembered, because I just checked out the "Owner's Suite livingroom" on this website (http://www.virtualtoursusa.com/norwegiandawn.htm) and can see what looks like a bathroom, or at least a powder room on the inside wall. On the "Owner's Suite bedroom" you'll see the huge bathroom. It was so spectacular, it may have made me forget a second bathroom! Perhaps a poster who has stayed in an AA can confirm.

I do know that I came away from our quick tour of cabins thinking the AB is suited for a family and AA is designed for a couple.

Happy sailing to all.

Great information everyone!

Our third adult is actually my husbands sister and she's tiny...100 lbs soaking wet! She's also not picky so maybe she wouldn't mind sharing with the kids (one kid is hers). IF it would save us money...if not, then having her own cabin might be a better option.

I'll have to check further into the AB...

Thank you.

Here is a great place to start checking futher

http://www.orcatekweb.com/Cabin-11550.htm

I hope she is not picky - Here is the "kids" room

girlsroom2.jpg

Most of the time, booking 2 inside cabins will be cheaper than the AB suite but the AB suite is great if you can afford it since it has a living room while 2 insides are mostly 2 bedrooms+2bathroom but no place to hold 5 people at a time.

Archived