? re: docking and longer port stay....

MamaParrotHead

I'm booked on the Triumph, 4/38/07, which is scheduled to dock in Cozumel 4/30/07 from 7 a.m.-6 p.m. I just read on a website that "Wilma's Conscience" provided in another post that another pier is set to be repaired and by 10/06m they're supposed to be able to accomodate 4 ships. There's only 1 other ship (Royal Caribbean) in port that day. Now my questions are these...1.) Would Carnival be allowed to use a pier that isn't "Carnival" pier (based on availability)? and 2.) Would they extend our port time at all (it was orignally 7 a.m.-midnight)?

I read on this board that some ships are just too big for the temporary berths available now and Triumph may be one of those. Don't know if that will be the case after the opening of the other 2 berths.Just to clarify, each of the piers with an open berth now, are each supposed to open a second this fall.

Some Carnival ships have been docking and that would increase your time in port if Triumph can dock.

can be found here: http://www.wilmacozumel.com/, about 1/3 of the way down the page, "Cruise Ships Dock Again", release date of 4/24/06.

"Cozumel's piers will be able to dock 4 cruise ships per day from October, said Victor Vivas González, head of Cozumel's Port Authority in an exclusive interview with wilmacozumel.com last week.

Passengers have been transferring by ferries since Hurricane Wilma damaged piers, but the International Pier recently re-opened its dock to accept one ship directly alongside per day.

In October, it will be ready to dock 2 ships. Punta Langosta will also be ready for 1 ship to dock in June and then 2 in October as well."

There´s only one temp. berth available now...at International pier.

Ooops...Okay got it 1 now, 2 for June, 4 by Oct....TY Tom!

I remember reading that it was the size of the ship that determined if it docked or tendered...there have been so many threads about docking I can't remember which one...Can anyone confirm or correct this if I am mistaken?

Triumph has the berth at SSA pier from now until the end of October when it is here every other Monday. It also started staying later last Monday until 10pm ship time. No word yet if they will extend more and stay even later. The crew sure love it when they dock and stay later!

That is the scheduled time frame that the other 3 spots are supposed to be open for docking. We only have who is supposed to be at SSA until that time. And...that is the start of high season when instead of 1-3 ships here, there will be up to 11 a day.

thanks for the info. So, based on all the info I dug up (that there's supposed to be only 1 other ship in port that day), and the info you gave me (that the Triumph isn't too large to dock, and there are atleast 4 berthings available at the various piers), is it a safe bet that we will probably be able to dock and have a longer port stay? :)

Archived