Triumph Jluy 3rd. Nervous about negative reviews!

geofg

I've been browsing looking at other boards and I have read more bad than good about the Carnival Triumph. This is my 4th cruise and 1st with carnival. I'm 27 and so is my girlfriend. We booked a cat 8A balcony. I guess I'm just a bit nervous because I have read some horrible things about the condition of the ship, the staff, and the food. Someone please help and tell me some good news!

I think if you go in with a positive frame of mind and just enjoy yourself, not let little things get to you, youll have a great time. I have been on both itineraries on the Triumph the past two years and I loved it each time!

My rule of neg. reviews is this:

They didn't go on my cruise and I didn't go on their cruise.

[even if it happened to be the same sailing]

I have read bad reviews about cruises that I was on.

Reviews that said things like, "everyone on board was completely upset and angry." Yet somehow I never ran into any of these "everyones" The other everyones, the ones we met, were having a great time. This has happened more than once, enough so that now I ignore negative reviews.

Randy, why does italic keep coming on?

Dan

geof where are you finding all of the bad reviews about Triumph? I don't remember seeing that many...just a couple of things people didn't like, but I think they still had a good time. Don't let the negative comments ruin your cruise. I know I'm looking forward to my cruise on the Triumph. :)

I have sailed on the Triumph in an 8A. We loved it!!!!!!!! This was our second cruise with Carnival, our first was not a very good one on the Inspiration. At first we sadi we would never sail Carnival again, then after thinking about it, we decided that was the wrong attitude. We shouldn't judge an entire fleet by one ship so we sailed Carnival on the Triumph and like I said before WE LOVED IT. IMHO,she is a beautiful ship, friendly staff, fine food, and always something to do. The only "complaint" that I have is the cruise wasn't long enough.

Go, relax, and enjoy your cruise. Go with the mind set that it will be a great cruise. Rest assured you will usually read good and bad reviews about ships.

Ditto, here. We sailed the Triumph a year ago and have another cruise planned for it in December. I had read some bad reviews before we went, but I loved everything about the ship. We had a great time and all the negative comments I read about were just others' opinions. I didn't see any "stains on the carpet", and I thought the food was as good as Carnival's food is, the entertainment was great and our ports were good.

YOU are the one who makes your cruise what it is. If you let the small things ruin your cruise then, that's your problem. Things will go wrong, that's Murphy's Law, but it's up to you not to let everything get you down. So what if the carpet has stains, with 2,000 people on them 365 days a year, they will get stained. You're on vacation and there to have a good time, not to notice everything that's wrong.

You will love the Triumph. Go, enjoy!

geofg, We went on the Triumph in May 2003, had a category 8A and loved every minute of the trip. As stated before, the trip was too short!! We were on the Eastern Route (never been the Western). We have cruised on Carnival about 8 times and Royal Caribbean 1 time. As you can tell, we prefer Carnival. I would agree with an above poster.... the people posting a negative review were not on your cruise and you may have a totally different view of the trip due to your personality/preferences/outlook, etc. Go with an open mind and enjoy your trip !!

tootiesmom :)

Took my first cruise June5th on Triumph. It was wonderful, crew was extremely great, hope you get Jason in the Paris dining room as your waiter. The food was really good, even our waiter said this was the best chef in the fleet. Hope Ed is still in the piano bar and 2slick in the Venezia Lounge. Have a wonderful trip, I know you will.

We cruised on the Triumph May 8th-15th and can attest to the fact that the ship is in wonderful condition ( carpets all replaced, no stains) and she is very clean and well maintained. We had a terrific time. Put someone else negativity away and have fun and enjoy your cruise. :cool: Patty

We sailed the Triumph last September on her western route and loved the ship. Would have rebooked her again for this fall on the eastern, but opted for the Glory ONLY to avoid San Juan port. You'll have a great time. I can't think of any negatives that we experienced.

Geofg, I was on the Triumph in May with Seawitch and the rest of the Crusin'KRAZYCaribe Crew (hey Gang :) ) and I must say it was absolutely horrible :rolleyes: Whatever you do DON'T GO!!! send your tickets to me and I'll go through the torture for you. :D

But seriously folks, she is a great ship in great shape with a great crew. Go and have a wonderful time and tell us all about it when you return.

I was on the Triumph in March. The ship was in fantastic shape. We were on the Eastern itinerary and had a great time. Forget any bad reviews and look forward to your vacation with an open mind. A cruise or vacation is what you make of it. Don't let someone else's bad review of a ship cloud your idea of what to expect. Just enjoy the experience and go with the flow. You will have a much better time if you don't anticipate a bad experience. I have been on 7 cruises so far and have read both good and bad reviews of each ship. Once I was onboard, all of that was forgotten and we enjoyed each and every one as the unique experience it was. :)

Please post a review when you get back. My husband and I are going on the Triumph in October. I am 27 and he is 28 and I would like to hear the review from someone our age. Have a safe trip!

I just got back from the Triumph, had a blast. The ship was in excellent shape, beautifull. It was my first cruise and I was nervous about it also, but I would go back in a heart beat. Any questions, I would be glad to help, gina

I went on Triumph January of this year, Western Caribbean. We had a cat 8A and I had the best time. Were there things I could complain about? Yes. But I chose not to because it was not the end of the world, and I was on vacation. Any day away from work and on the sea is a great day. I went on the Conquest 4 months earlier and had the same great experience. When you are around that many people, things happen. But just take a deep breath and work through it. I do not always enjoy being around a lot of people, but my love of cruising helps me get through that and the irritations that can occur.

Here is another Triumph Cruiser!

We went on the Triumph LAST May.. and THIS May!

It really is our favorite ship. Great people, good service... just a fantastic time.

IT IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT!

Please let us know what you think when you get back!

Cathy

No complaints here! We had a wonderful cruise. The best part was our service...Equan our cabin steward was awesome and I can't even begin to explain what wonderful service we got from Agus and Sirma in the London Dining Room. Have a great time...I'm sooooo jealous!

We sailed on the Triumph in March 2003 (western). It's a great ship and you'll love it! Haven't read any negative reviews - there have been some comments about carpets, etc., but think about the number of people that are on a ship in the course of a year! It is my understanding that the carpets are now new?? You'll have a great time! Enjoy! There are a ton of great reviews on the old cruise critic board. Do some searching!

We've only been on two cruises and neither were the Triumph. However one was fantastic and one was good. The good one had a few negatives which I wrote in my review. I did go with a positive frame of mind but glitches happen.

One thing to think about is that one person can have the best time in the world while someone else may not. Also someone may have an okay waiter while another table has the most incredible service ever! Its luck of the draw. So when you read bad reviews you may never see that side. Our first cruise was on the Imagination and I had read some pretty bad reviews but once on the ship I saw nothing like what I read. On the sensation we encountered several crew members that really didn't seem to want to be there. It was suggested I should have smiled. I was smiling and always pleasant when addressing them. Some did come around but others never made eye contact. We had friends on the ship who noticed the same but they had an incredible room steward and didn't have any issues with their sail and sign. They have a better review than I do even though all in all it was a fine trip, just not awesome. But given the chance I'd do it all over again because it sure beats not cruising!

Go knowing some things may not be perfect but also read the boards to see what you can do about them if you encounter them, like bad smells. Our friends gagged in their bathroom the first day. She mentioned it to me and I told her to call the room steward. Immediately it was taken care of and each day he made a point to ask her about it. My luggage was ripped up and I called, it was taken care of okay too.

Have a great time!

Went on the Triumph last week with wife, 4 kids ages 5, 13, 16, 18 and mother in law. All had a great time. We had great service and great food. Did not notice any of the problems I had read about in other reviews. Lines were not that long considering 3300 passengers, 950 under age 21.

The only thing is that it is a little hard to get around due to the higher decks not going from Bow to stern.

Embarkation thru disembarkation was very easy. Zoomed right thru with easy pass.

This was the eastern itinerary.

No smells, no stained carpets, and was just as good as the RCCL we went on in January.

Have a great trip.

It amazes me sometimes how people have nothing better to do than to find every little thing that bothers them and allow it to ruin their vacation.

They are both huge ships with a lot of people and they are continuously sailing. Yes, there will be a FEW stains in a carpet along the halls.. yes, there might be some noisy people in a cabin down the hall... but so what?

The crews are attentive, the ships are gorgeous, the food is delicious, and you are there to have FUN.

Don't let curmudgeons spoil your vacation.

Enjoy!

Vin

http://community.webshots.com/user/vinp194

Archived